JSM & Associates, a growing company headquartered in Central Florida, is seeking a qualified and experienced Technician. This is a mid-level position with varied responsibilities, including, but not limited to, the maintenance of airport Passenger Boarding Bridges (PBB).
The primary function of this position is to maintain and repair equipment , together with providing electro-mechanical operational, preventative, and emergency maintenance support on Passenger Boarding Bridge systems.
- Perform full replacement, rebuilding, and adjustment of components, including but not limited to bearings, motors, reducers, roll up doors, canopies, photoelectric cells, and pushbuttons
- Monitor system operations, diagnose equipment failures, and work with management on repair plans
- Perform major adjustments to ensure system functionality and reliability pertaining to both electrical and mechanical items
- Perform basic preventative maintenance tasks, which will include, but will not be limited to, cleaning of passenger boarding bridges and surrounding areas, as well as the removal of debris from between bridges
- Read and understand wiring schematics
- Work with a variety of tools/hand tools safely and properly, as well as utilize any/all appropriate safety and personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Properly use a volt and amp meter
- Work safely in a variety of locations that may include moving equipment and electricity, as well as small spaces, high spaces, dirty spaces, hot spaces
- Attend requested/required training, demonstrating a willingness to learn
- Follow and comply with any company and/or federally established policies and procedure
- Dismantle, repair, and reassemble equipment or machines for stock replacement and/or to restore equipment to operations status
Education: High School or General Education Degree (GED)
- Must be able to use a variety of welding equipment and procedures (MIG, TIG, MMA, etc.)
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers, etc.)
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Must have knowledge of relative safety standards and demonstrate willingness to use protective clothing (face shield, gloves, etc.)
- Must possess deftness and attention to detail
- Must possess a valid professional certification (re: an AWS welding certificate), along with two (2) years of mechanical and welding work experience
- Must possess at least one (1) year of basic electrical and/or electronic systems work experience
- Must be able to read and interpret repair manuals, basic schematics, and supervisor instructions
- Must possess a valid drivers' license (with a clean driving record)
- Must be able to work as scheduled (this is a 12 hour/day, 6 day/week operation), with most shifts working 8 hours/day, 5 days/week. . .and will include holidays. There may be the potential for night shift and weekend work when operations mandate
Standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day
Lifting and/or moving items that may range in weight up to 50 pounds, occasionally up to 100 pounds
- Qualified candidates must be able to successfully pass a drug screen (we are a designated Drug Free Workplace), a drivers' license check and validation, federal fingerprinting and security threat assessment as well as airport security badging
- The Technician/HVAC - PBB must be flexible with regards to an assigned work schedule; shift assignments are determined based on the needs of the airport and the company, together with a technician’s strengths, skill set, and experience
JSM & Associates, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer; we adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, ancestry, gender, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
JSM & Associates offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, vision and dental coverage, life insurance, paid time off, and 401(k).
JSM & Associates is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this position - no phone calls or emails will be accepted. Thank you.