Control Room Operator (MCO)
Control Room Operator- Orlando International Airport
- Report on BHS (Baggage Handling System) alarms/events to inspect, clear blockages/jams, and repair failed equipment as appropriate
- Coordinate personnel and resources to ensure minimum service requirements are maintained.
- Coordinate with stakeholders and BHS related inquiries by person/telephone in a courteous and efficient manner
- Control Room Operator(s) shall be attentive of the condition of the entire BHS at all times in order to respond immediately to events and/or possible blockages/events and/or unusual behavior, including but not limited to:
- Equipment malfunction
- Incorrect operation
- Incorrect routing of baggage
- Power outages
- Control Room Operator(s) shall be proficient and trained on proper use of all equipment and interfaces within the BHS control room, including but not limited to:
- Workstations based on Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Customized applications to monitor BHS operations
- Customized applications to monitor and identify baggage routing
- Telephone systems
- Reporting/Recording the schedule of events
- Startup procedures
- Implement call tree notifications based on equipment failures
- Implement fallback procedures in accordance with adopted practices
- Other duties as necessary to support control room operations
Required Work Experience:
Computer software applications experience required (i.e., MS Office, ERP, etc)
Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress, offering solutions to resolve issues.
Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of individuals, including executives, managers, and subject matter experts
Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage time effectively to meet deadlines
Possess the versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work with constantly changing priorities
Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams
Must be able to read and speak the English language fluently.
High School Diploma required;
This exempt position will be located on-site, at the Orlando International Airport. Must be able to work as scheduled (this is a 24 hour/day, 7 day/week operation), with most shifts working 10 hours/day, 4 days/week. . .and will include holidays. This position is for 3rd shift (overnight). This position is subject to a 10-year background check for airport security clearance, as well as a 7-year drivers' license check.
JSM & Associates offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k), and paid time off; we are a Drug Free workplace.
JSM & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
JSM & Associates is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this position - no phone calls or emails will be accepted. Thank you.