Program Controls Analyst I
JSM Airport Services, LLC (a subsidiary of JSM & Associates, LLC) is currently seeking a professional, skilled individual as a Program Controls Analyst. The essential function of the role is to ensure control systems operate efficiently utilizing the expanses of Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming, industrial graphics (HMI), and IT (to include maintaining servers, databases, and networks). This is a hands-on position tasked with maintaining and enhancing the controls for, and operations of, the Baggage Handling System (BHS) at the Orlando International Airport in fulfillment of the company's contract with the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority. This position is a full-time position, with limited supervisory duties (one direct report). This position will be based in Orlando, FL.
The Program Controls Analyst may be required to perform the following tasks:
- Programming and troubleshooting for Rockwell Automation Logix 5, 500, 5000
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of Allen Bradley PLC's, including PLC5, SLC500 and Control Logix platforms
- Server and software diagnostics including Stratus Technologies (formerly Marathon) EverRun and Windows Server OS
- Microsoft SQL Server database programming
- RSView32 HMI design and updates for system changes from ongoing construction projects
- EtherNet, ControlNet and DeviceNet diagnostics and scheduling for upper and lower level networks
- Variable frequency drive (VFD) programming
- SICK and Cognex automated tag reader (ATR) diagnostics
- Black Box system diagnostics, repair, and installation
- Assist with TSA and L3 in improving tracking and error rates
- Develop PLC basics training for mechanics working on the BHS
- Reviewing construction documentation and installation plans
- Perform collateral duties, as required or assigned
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED); Bachelor's Degree preferred*
- PLC Technical Certification
- Knowledge of PLC automation software and coding languages
- Certification(s) in Programming, Technology, and Security highly preferred, but not required
Work Experience: Three (3) years of experience in PLC Programming or Controls Operation preferred
Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, and Power-Point
- Must be able to interact professionally with a diverse group of individuals, including executives, managers, developers, and subject matter experts
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Must be able exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to write reports and business correspondence
- Must possess excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to manage time effectively to meet deadlines
- Must be able to exhibit excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Must be customer service oriented
- Must possess the versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work with constantly changing priorities
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work well on an independent basis, or on many different teams on simultaneous projects
- Must be motivated; a "self-starter"
*Job experience, professional development and continuing education may be substituted for educational experience
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to sit, push/pull, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach or crawl occasionally
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to withstand exposure to moving mechanical parts
- Must be able to withstand occasional exposure to hot, cold, wet, or humid conditions
The successful candidate for this position must be able to successfully pass a drug screening, a drivers' license check and validation, federal fingerprinting and security threat assessment, as well as airport security badging.
This exempt position will be located on-site, at the Orlando International Airport. This is a full-time, 40 hour week position - because this is a 24/7 operation, the work schedule may vary, with the occasional need to work and support any day of the week, as well as any shift.
JSM Airport Services, LLC and JSM & Associates, LLC are equal employment opportunity employers; we adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, ancestry, gender, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We are also a Drug Free Workplace.
JSM Airport Services and JSM & Associates offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k), and paid time off.
Unsolicited phone calls, emails, or any other assistance from search firms will not be accepted - thank you.