Scenic Painter (3rd Shift)
JOB SUMMARY: To provide a comprehensive scenic painting service, which will be instrumental in maintaining and expanding Universal Orlando.
- Gathers and prepares necessary information, tools and items needed to complete assigned painting task.
- Painted Faux Finishes such as wood graining, marbleizing, aging, sponging and rag rolling.
- Field color Matching. Picks colors and mixes paint while using color matching for desired assignment. Creates, maintains and uses painting documentation.
- Drawing, layout and painting of backdrops and murals with either brush or airbrush.
- Paint or airbrush of 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional fields and props.
- Preps surface to be painted. Consists of cleaning, scraping, caulking, applying putty, sanding, patching, priming, and base painting (brush and roll) of surfaces.
- Cleans up paint area. Consists of picking up used tarps, scraping, removing tape, cleaning bushes used, cleaning spills, resealing paint cans, and cleaning paint buckets. Then stores equipment/tools in designated storage area.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: To provide a comprehensive scenic painting service resort wide, which will be instrumental in maintaining and expanding Universal Orlando.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required; Associate's and Bachelor's degree: P-Visual Arts, specializing in painting, drawing, or sculpture is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Three years minimum experience considered 1st Tier. 5 years minimum experience considered 2nd Tier; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE