Technical Services – Ride and Show Opportunities (Mechanic and Industrial Electronics/Electrical)
Industrial Electrical/Electronics Technician (Ride & Robotics): Seeking qualified technicians who are responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of animation, special effects, and ride/show control and electrical systems. Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical equipment.
Essential Duties Include:
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual inspections and preventative maintenance on Ride and Show control systems. Inspections include testing, verification and/or calibration of applicable control systems.
- Identifies system deficiencies and recommending immediate and long-term corrective action to decrease maintenance costs and decrease down times of ride vehicles. This involves researching defective mechanically-controlled items/parts, instructional information to complete the repair process when needed, referring to technical manuals, technical library, and the CMMS system while utilizing a systematic approach.
- Reads and interprets electrical and mechanical schematics, blueprints and technical documentation.
- Maintains PLC controllers and/or variable speed motors.
- Troubleshoots Electrical Control Systems and understands sensor technology. Possessing the knowledge of testing equipment and having the ability to operate digital/analog circuitry, volt/amp meter, and chart recorder up to 480v.
Ride Mechanic: Seeking qualified technicians who are responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of animation, special effects, and ride/show mechanical systems.
Essential Duties Include:
- Maintains, both preventive and corrective, Ride and Show mechanical systems.
- Participates in the testing, verification and/or calibration of applicable mechanical systems.
- Responds to down times and both show element quality repair and ride recovery related issues.
- Performs assembly and disassembly for annual inspections and verifying quality control/NDT requirements have been met.
- Logs completion of inspections, corrective action and/or repairs made and listing applicable parts used.
EXPERIENCE: Experience in a commercial/construction/industrial setting is required
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Florida Driver's License
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Positions in Ride & Show require:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and or move between 20 and 50 pounds
- Working outdoors in all weather conditions
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE