Sr. Attorney, Marketing- Intellectual Property
JOB SUMMARY: Under general direction of the Legal Affairs department, the Marketing/Intellectual Property Senior Attorney is responsible for (1) drafting, negotiating and interpreting contracts, letter agreements and other legal documentation for advertising and marketing services and projects, digital services and media, social media, data acquisition and intellectual property licensing and acquisition, including assisting clients with contractual obligations and dispute resolution; and (2) reviewing marketing materials and managing regulatory, statutory, and contractual compliance requirements. This position will primarily support the North America Marketing Group including Marketing Communications, Marketing Content Creation and Distribution, and Entertainment teams.
- Provide general legal support for the marketing, sales, digital communications, entertainment and content creation teams, including but not limited to advising on , intellectual property rights clearance and acquisition (i.e., music, talent, images), rights of publicity, trademark, copyright, user generated content, sweepstakes and promotions, and interpretation and application of U.S. laws and regulations with respect to false and deceptive practices, consumer protection, data collection and direct-to-consumer marketing.
- Negotiate, draft and interpret complex business contracts across a broad range of advertising, marketing and sales initiatives, including influencer marketing, social media, digital marketing and advertising, contests and promotions, television and film productions, marketing, consulting, creative and related technology services agreements; provide advice on regulatory and contractual compliance obligations; and provide support for dispute resolution with contracted parties, termination of contracts and other litigation support as assigned.
- Assist with drafting policies and procedures and development of training surrounding regulatory and statutory compliance obligations and contractual requirements with a focus on advertising and consumer protection issues.
- Manages special projects, monitors international and U.S. policies, regulations, legislation laws pertaining to consumer marketing and advertising in travel and tourism industry, digital media, e-commerce.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Master's degree, Juris Doctor required from an accredited law school.
- At least 5 years' post-law school experience, as an attorney, preferably with top-tier law firm or corporate legal department.
- At least 5 years' experience advising clients on marketing, advertising and rights clearance.
- At least 5 years' experience interpreting, negotiating and drafting complex commercial transactions.
- Experience with social media, digital marketing and intellectual property strongly preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Florida State Bar registration required.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE