Banquet Set-up Houseperson - PM Shift- Embassy Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista South
Title: Banquet Houseperson - PM Shift
Department: Banquet Set-up
Location: Orlando, Florida
The Embassy Suites - Orlando Lake Buena Vista South is currently accepting applications for Banquet Set-up Houseperson PMShift
As a Banquet Set-up Houseperson PM Shift, you would be responsible for set-up and clean-up of banquet functions. Sets-up tables and chairs to meet the function specifications. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Provides quality, safe, and fast banquet area set-up for banquet events
- Continuous lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, walking and standing
- Patient and understand the last minute changes that happen with setting up the room, and are courteous and accommodating to the guests' requests.
- Reviews Banquet Event Orders and sets up function space accordingly. Ensures all items required are provided prior to the scheduled start time of the function.
- Continually checks meeting rooms for necessary items including ice, beverages, cleanliness, etc.
- Cleans meeting space including but not limited to vacuum, sweeping, polishing and wiping areas clean before, during and after events.
- Break down all equipment at the end of the function and return it to the appropriate location for storage. Arranges equipment as directed by the Supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies in order to promote a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be a great team player and be flexible to complete any additional tasks assigned by management while maintaining a positive work environment
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and objects in excess of 50 pounds with assistance.
- Must have a good sense of balance, be able to bend, reach, kneel, and lift and carry full trays frequently weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Good communication skills.
- Previous Banquet experience is a plus but not required.
**Only candidates who meet the above qualifications will be considered.**