Banquet Set-up Manager - Embassy Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista South
Title: Banquet Set-Up Manager
Department: Banquet Set-up
Location: Orlando, Florida
The Embassy Suites - Orlando Lake Buena Vista South is currently accepting applications for Banquet Set-up Manager.
As a Banquet Set-up Manager, you will be responsible for the overall supervision of the Banquet Set-up team in the setting of all meeting rooms, training and assisting all banquet set-up attendants. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Supervise and conduct the set- up, break down, and service of all convention meeting rooms.
- Interviews, trains, supervises, counsels, schedules and evaluates set-up team.
- Ensures all tasks associated with pre-setting, serving and breaking down service-related materials are completed in a timely manner.
- Provide friendly, professional guest service with genuine care.
- Understand Banquet Event Orders (BEO) to ensure proper set up and service of the event. Ensures all items required are provided prior to the scheduled start time of the function.
- Inspects each function room prior to the event to ensure that both the client's needs are fulfilled and the hotel standards are met.
- Responsible for initiating and maintaining contact with each meeting planner (in-house) to ensure that all last-minute requests and changes are provided.
- Meets with banquet houseperson team on a daily basis to ensure that uniform codes and personal hygiene requirements are met in accordance with department standards.
- Reviews daily worksheet and assigns specific duties to each banquet houseperson.
- Maintain cleanliness of Banquet meeting space, storage areas and equipment.
- Patient and understand the last minute changes that happen with setting up the room, and are courteous and accommodating to the guests' requests.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies in order to promote a clean, safe, and secure environment.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have great leadership skills and strong attention to details.
- Must be a great team and have exceptional guest service skills.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and objects in excess of 50 pounds with assistance.
- Must have a good sense of balance, be able to bend, reach, kneel, and lift and carry full trays frequently weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Stand, sit or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Ability to multi-task in a high-paced environment.
- Remain calm and professional at all times.
- Be able to make quick decisions and possess good judgement.
- Good communication skills.
**Only candidates who meet the above qualifications will be considered.**