For the 13th consecutive year, Rollins College has been named a “Great College to Work For”. Be a part of the Rollins experience and find a place where you belong. Ready to join us?
The Campus Safety Office at Rollins College seeks a service-oriented full-time Security Officer to join their team!
Our Service Excellence Philosophy:
At Rollins, we strive to be responsive, respectful, collaborative, competent, and inclusive in all that we do. Whether serving prospective or current students, alumni, local residents, or our fellow faculty and staff colleagues, these standards define the Rollins service experience.
Total Rewards & Compensation:
- 15 Days - Paid Time Off (vacation, sick and personal time)
- 11 Days - Paid Holidays
- 10 Days - Paid College Closure Days
- Eligible for Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurances (within 30 days of hire)
- 100% Employer-Funded Health Reimbursement Account ($125+/month)
- 100% Employer-Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- 11.5% Employer Retirement Contributions
- Discounted On-Campus Dining Meal Plans
- FREE On-Campus Parking
- FREE Access to Campus Amenities (gyms, pools, library, sporting events and more)
- FREE Full Tuition for Employees and their Families
- Pet Insurance
- 100% Employer-Funded Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Award-Winning Wellbeing Programs: Blue Rewards, Rally Dollars, Hinge Health Musculoskeletal Coaching
- Plus More!
- Local & National Discount Programs, including Winter Park Locations (i.e. shops, restaurants, gift cards and more)
- FREE E-Training Courses & Professional Development Opportunities
- IT Software & Laptop Discounts (Apple, Lenovo, and more)
- College Bookstore Discounts
- Annual Service Awards & Recognition Programs
- Plus More!
The hourly rate is $14.00.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Patrolling the campus on foot or by motor vehicle to ensure protection of all campus faculty, staff, students, and visitors, as well as all campus buildings, structures and property.
- Responding to all accidents, crimes and complaint calls occurring on campus property.
- Assisting motorists, students, employees, and visitors on campus.
- Answering calls for assistance, escorting students and others as requested.
- Maintaining necessary campus security records and reports.
- Enforcing traffic and parking regulations.
- Providing security at a variety of special functions held on campus.
- Administering first aid as necessary and call for emergency medical services.
- Assisting in implementation of safety/security programs for faculty, staff and students.
- Assisting in the monitoring of computerized security systems.
- Coordinating and working closely with local police and fire departments.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- One to two years of job-related experience is required.
- Valid Florida driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle report (MVR) are required to drive College vehicles.
- Possess and maintain CPR and First Aid certification within 90 days of hire.
- Possess and maintain State of Florida ‘Class D’ security license within 90 days of hire.
- Demonstrated knowledge of modern police practices and procedures.
- Strong service orientation with a demonstrated ability to effectively meet the needs of and work collaboratively with a diverse population of students, staff, faculty and public.
- Ability to use tact and good judgment in resolving work problems and dealing with the public, students, and staff.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Computer skills sufficient to prepare security incident reports.
- Ability to work in demanding and stressful situations.
- Front-facing customer service role on-campus (inside and outside).
- Work requires exposure to potentially dangerous situation, requires physical strain involving walking and standing for extended periods of time (must be able to run short distance, walk a flight of stairs, lift up to 50 pounds), and exposure to the elements.
To learn more about Rollins effort about the College’s response to COVID-19, please click here.
The Campus Safety Office provides 24-hour response to call for service, provides routine and directed patrol activities, parking enforcement, and preliminary investigation of most campus incidents. The Security Officer role is a full-time 12-month appointment, scheduled to work 40 hours per week, 2080 hours a year.
The schedule for this position is Thursday-Monday, 3:00pm - 11:00pm.*
*As a condition of employment in this position, the incumbent will be subject to call-in outside of regular hours in order to respond to emergencies, including the preparation and maintenance of College facilities, grounds, systems and services during inclement weather crises.
Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please submit an application and upload the following materials:
Resume/Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
About the Campus Safety Office:
The mission of the Campus Safety Office is to preserve a safe, secure campus environment where diverse social, cultural, and academic values are allowed to develop and prosper through a combination of reactive, proactive and educational safety services.
The goal of the Rollins College Campus Safety department is to be recognized as a national model in the field of Campus Safety through the selection and development of the highest caliber personnel and by providing innovative safety services.
About Rollins College:
Rollins seeks to foster and to model a campus environment that is welcoming, safe, and inclusive to all of our administrators, faculty, staff, and students. We view differences (e.g. nationality, race, gender, age, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, physical ability, learning styles, perspectives, etc.) not as obstacles to be overcome but as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities.