Event and Technical Support Specialist
For the 13th consecutive year, Rollins College has been named a “Great College to Work For”. Be a part of the Rollins experience and find a place where you belong. Ready to join us?
The User Services Team at Rollins College is seeking an Event and Technical Support Specialist to join their team! This position is part of the User Services team, specifically focused on event and audio/visual (A/V) technical support and maintenance. This specialist provides support for in-person, virtual, and hybrid events involving students, faculty, staff and a range of external participants and presenters. This position partners closely with the lead Event Support Specialist and the Classroom Technology team to install and maintain A/V systems and coordinate staffing of events. This specialist collaborates with the rest of User Services, including providing training on key A/V systems, to provide an excellent customer service experience. Success in this role requires technical A/V skill, a supportive and calm demeanor, teamwork and collaboration, and strong attention to detail.
Total Rewards & Compensation:
- 15 Days - Paid Time Off (vacation, sick and personal time)
- 11 Days - Paid Holidays
- 10 Days - Paid College Closure Days
- Eligible for Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurances (within 30 days of hire)
- 100% Employer-Funded Health Reimbursement Account ($125+/month)
- 100% Employer-Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- 11.5% Employer Retirement Contributions
- Discounted On-Campus Dining Meal Plans
- FREE On-Campus Parking
- FREE Access to Campus Amenities (gyms, pools, library, sporting events and more)
- FREE Full Tuition for Employees and their Families
- Pet Insurance
- 100% Employer-Funded Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Award-Winning Wellbeing Programs: Blue Rewards, Rally Dollars, Hinge Health Musculoskeletal Coaching
- Plus More!
- Local & National Discount Programs, including Winter Park Locations (i.e. shops, restaurants, gift cards and more)
- FREE E-Training Courses & Professional Development Opportunities
- IT Software & Laptop Discounts (Apple, Lenovo, and more)
- College Bookstore Discounts
- Annual Service Awards & Recognition Programs
- Discover what it's like to live in Orlando: Live, Work, Play and Learn
- Plus More!
The hourly payrate is $21.84.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide supportive, skilled, in-person A/V assistance, and troubleshooting for classes and events.
- Set up and break down A/V equipment for events, and remain on-site to support high-profile events including those involving senior college leadership and prestigious speakers.
- Collaborate with lead Event Support Specialist to review, advise on, and schedule event staffing.
- Install, configure, and maintain A/V equipment such as projectors, microphones, and speakers.
- Research and test new equipment selection and configuration decisions pertaining to A/V technology and design in collaboration with lead Event Support Specialist.
- Manage pool of A/V loaner equipment including portable speakers, performing repairs and maintenance as needed.
- Train student technicians, IT peers, and community members as needed on A/V systems use for classes, presentations, and events.
- Leverage the ITSM solution (TeamDynamix) in daily work to coordinate work, route issues and requests to other teams in IT, and communicate regularly with clients.
- Perform other relevant departmental duties as assigned.
- A minimum of three(3) years of A/V events experience.
- Familiarity using ticketing systems for managing support requests.
- Demonstrated customer service excellence.
- Patient and calm demeanor in stressful or high-pressure situations.
- Motivated self-starter, able to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Proficient with audio mixing consoles such as Allen & Heath QU-16, or similar.
- Comfortable with common presentation applications and functions on Mac, Windows, and mobile devices in order to support presenters.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills.
- Previous experience supporting classrooms, or working in a college or university setting.
- Bachelor’s degree.
The Event and Technical Support Specialist is scheduled to work 7.5 hours/day, 37.5 hours per week. The schedule for this role is: Monday-Friday, 8:30am and 5:00pm*
*Flexible schedules or overtime may be required to meet the demands of the academic calendars.
- Campus-based position working in an office environment.
- Primarily indoor environment which does require outdoor transit between buildings and occasional outdoor event support.
- Physical activity includes walking across campus, carrying or carting equipment, lifting up to 40lbs, bending, stooping, stretching, standing, and use of ladders.
To learn more about Rollins effort about the College’s response to COVID-19, please click here.
Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please submit an application and upload the following materials:
Cover Letter/Resume/Screening of applications will begin immediately.
About the IT Department:
The mission of Information Technology is to help you use technology in ways that will increase your efficiency and effectiveness. We do that by providing a stable network environment, the appropriate hardware and software, easy ways to access your data, face-to-face and online training opportunities, and, most importantly, people. People who speak technical and non-technical lingo; people who understand academics and higher education administration; people who are committed to providing the best service to our clients that we possibly can.
About Rollins College:
Rollins seeks to foster and to model a campus environment that is welcoming, safe, and inclusive to all of our administrators, faculty, staff, and students. We view differences (e.g. nationality, race, gender, age, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, physical ability, learning styles, perspectives, etc.) not as obstacles to be overcome but as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities.