Sr. Accountant / Controller
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, internal controls, and financial reporting.
- Proactively handle AR, AP, invoicing and collections.
- Process bi-weekly payroll and maintain all payroll operations according to company practices and procedures
- Calculate payroll liabilities by determine employee taxes, including federal and state income and social security tax.
- Calculate employers’ payments for social security, unemployment and workers’ compensation
- Responsible for ensuring all accounting transactions and processes are accurate, properly supported. Ensure integrity of general ledger, journal entries, financial statements, and management reporting.
- Accurately perform bank and account reconciliations
- Process and maintain 401(k) contributions and records
- Prepare monthly and year-end closing and financial reporting including analysis and reconciliations
- Responsible for the monthly filing of Florida Sales and Use Tax
- Responsible for annual filings to include, but not limited to, 1099’s
- Maintain and recommend policies and procedures for accounting practices to ensure company objectives are met
- Develop, document, and update accounting policies, and work instructions to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Responsible for special projects as requested by management and other duties/responsibilities as assigned to meet the ongoing objectives of the company.
- Possess strong understanding of asset management, reconciliation and record keeping, ensuring proper recording of capitalized or expensed assets
- Process monthly lease payments for 10 plus locations and 30+ tenants
- Familiarity with accounting principles as it applies to commercial real estate
- Special projects, as assigned
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, administrative, verbal and communication skills
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills
- Be extremely organized while handling a multitude of various tasks with a high level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Proactive problem-solving skills who is able to take initiative
- Ability to work under time constraints
- B. S. Degree in Accounting (Preferred)
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in an Sr. Accounting role (media preferred, not necessary)
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of full cycle accounting experience
- Proficient with MS Office Excel, Outlook & Word. Advanced Excel skills including Pivot Tables
- Familiar with QuickBooks; Yardi, Sage
- INDUSTRIES SUPPORTED: Multi-station radio; digital news; real estate