Sports Coordinator, Golden Triangle YMCA Family Center
POSITION: SPORTS COORDINATOR
LOCATION: GOLDEN TRIANGLE YMCA - LAKE COUNTY, FLORIDA
Under the supervision of the Director, the Sports Coordinator assists in the supervision of sports staff and sports programming within the Family Center. The Sports Coordinator supports member participation and retention through assisting in the development and execution of sports programs to achieve strategic goals and provide outstanding customer service to all members.
- Assist in the implementation of youth and adult sports programs that promote retention of existing members and engage new members.
- Assist in the supervision of department staff and ensure they are always following all safety and policy regulations.
- Lead staff to support sports initiatives to achieve retention goals.
- Perform referee duties, coaching, and direction of sports programs as scheduled, or in order to provide substitution coverage.
- Maintain accurate sports schedules and procedures to provide maximum opportunities for member/staff connections.
- Collaborate with department leads to maximize enrollments in program registration and gym usage.
- Collaborate with the Facility Director to coordinate regularly scheduled gym and equipment inspections to ensure proper and efficient working order at all times.
- Coordinate and schedule equipment maintenance and repairs. Purchase equipment, parts and supplies approved by the purchase requisition process.
- Monitor daily operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA of Central Florida health and safety standards and policies.
- Ensure all staff are current with required certifications.
- Utilize available technology, reporting tools and data that enhance sports participation and member retention.
- Assist in the planning and execution of sports events at the Family Center.
- Promote the Family Center and the YMCA of Central Florida's special events among the members and community.
- Assist in identifying active volunteers for the Family Center Annual Scholarship Campaign.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the Family Center and its programs.
- All other duties assigned by Management.
- Associate's degree or equivalent required; sports management, recreation management, physical education or related field of study preferred. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1 - 3 years' experience in sports or customer service related field required.
- YMCA sports or operations experience preferred.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of league rules as they apply to the sport being played.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required; Oracle experience a plus.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent follow through actions regarding communication.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, as well as critical thinking ability.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Desire and ability to work with people of all ages.
- Demonstrated responsibility and dependability.
- Must exhibit patience, sensitivity and understanding.
- Must be willing to regularly work flexible hours, weekends and holidays.
- May be required to sit, stand or maintain physical activity for extended periods of time.
- May be required to work outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Must be alert at all times, keeping safety in mind.
- Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor environment and members' well-being.
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time while demonstrating manual dexterity in order to accurately work on the phone, computer keyboard, and other equipment.
- Must possess auditory, verbal and visual capabilities in order to adequately communicate via phone and in person.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee needs sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must be able to perform light work: exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must complete successful background screening, which includes criminal and drug screening.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. The YMCA promotes an equal employment opportunity work place which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these job duties.
- This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.