Member Services Representative, Frank DeLuca YMCA Family Center
The position is responsible for communicating with member/visitors in a highly professional manner; retaining membership, answering the telephone, answering member questions, and various clerical tasks as assigned.
- Perform facility access control duties by checking in members and program participants entering the building. Ensure that membership card is presented or proper guest fee, if required, is paid.
- Conduct interviews/tours to promote membership to prospective members.
- Assist members and customers courteously. Meet and greet members and visitors in a positive and professional manner as a representative of the YMCA of Central Florida.
- Answer the telephone in a prompt, courteous manner.
- Enter membership and program enrollment data into applicable technology systems/software, print receipts, and give receipts to members and program participants.
- Ensure the security of the association enforcing policy regarding visitors and maintains visitors log.
- Give membership and program information to walk in and phone in customers.
- Assists leadership and perform miscellaneous tasks as directed and required.
- Perform routine filing and posts all rosters.
- Maintain clean and professional appearance for self and facility.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the Family Center and its programs.
- All other duties assigned by Management.
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- One year of customer service experience preferred.
- Demonstrated computer knowledge and data entry skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent follow through actions regarding communication.
- Desire and ability to work with people of all ages.
- Demonstrated responsibility and dependability.
- Must exhibit patience, sensitivity and understanding.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends and holidays as needed.
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time while demonstrating manual dexterity in order to accurately work on the phone, computer keyboard, and other equipment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee needs sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions and to supervise program activities in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor locations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must be able to perform light work: exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must complete successful background screening, which includes criminal and drug screening.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. The YMCA promotes an equal employment opportunity work place which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these job duties.
- This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.