Certified Nursing Assistant
Rohr Home Division
NOW OFFERING $500 SIGN ON BONUS!!
Pay Rate: $11.76/hr.
Shifts: 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM, 3:00 PM – 11:30 PM
(Shift Differential Pay for 3:00 PM – 11:30 PM Shift)
Must have the physical, developmental and mental ability to perform job tasks, work efforts, responsibilities and duties of the job illustrated below:
The Rohr Home Nursing Assistant is responsible for performing assigned duties in caring for sick, handicapped or aged persons. This position ensures that this function is done within the Rohr Home Nursing Standards of Practice and Care, within applicable Federal, State, local laws and standards, and in an efficient and cost effective manner. This position will work under the direction and supervision of a licensed nurse.
- Responsible for following proper Universal Precautions and Infection Control techniques per policy.
- Responsible for maintaining and demonstrating current knowledge and operational techniques on all pieces of equipment in the Department utilized by this position.
- Responsible for maintaining and demonstrating competency in direct patient care of patients in the adult and geriatric categories.
- Responsible for following Rohr Home policies and procedures.
- Responsible for displaying a positive guest relations attitude and for maintaining proper attendance.
- Responsible for maintaining a professional and safe department and work area in line with established safety policies and the image desired for the organization.
- Responsible for attending required Rohr Home meetings, required in services and Continuing Education Programs as necessary.
- Must be willing to work beyond normal hours and other shifts when necessary and will be required to work weekends and holidays as scheduled.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases including exposure to HIV and Hepatitis B viruses.
- Perform related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of the care needed for sick, disabled or elderly persons.
- Ability to follow Rohr Home Nursing Standards of Practice and Care, within applicable Federal, State, local laws and standards.
- Ability to follow proper Universal Precautions for Infection Control techniques per policy.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and operational techniques of all pieces of equipment utilized by the Department.
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or in diagram form.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such actions.
- Ability to deal tactfully with residents, employees, visitors, Government Agencies, and the public.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
- Ability to function in a professional manner and follow the dress code.
- Ability to care for residents in a therapeutic, rehabilitative, and motivational manner.
- Must honor and respect the rights of the residents.
- Must possess good sight and hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of the position can be fully met.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure.
- Ability to walk long distances, stand on feet for long periods, lift and pull other adults.
- Ability to lift, move, and maneuver equipment and supplies; exerting 20 to 45 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Ability to cope with mental/emotional stresses of the job.
- Florida Nursing Assistant Certificate required.
- Prefer previous experience in long-term care.
- All new Rohr Home employees must undergo Level 2 (FDLE) screening submitted electronically before commencing work and every 5 years thereafter and attest, upon hiring, that they meet the requirements for employment and agree to inform the employer immediately if arrested for any disqualifying offense.
- New employees, who have worked for another health care facility, may obtain background screening information from their previous employer to satisfy the new requirements. Persons who have been screened and qualified as required by Section 435 and who have not been unemployed for more than 90 days thereafter, and who under penalty of perjury, attest to not having been convicted of a disqualifying offense since the completion of such screening, shall not have to be re-screened.
This position may be required to report for work when a declaration of emergency has been declared in Polk County.