Team Member Shuttle Driver
JOB SUMMARY: Drives UO employees on property between Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, Volcano Bay and Hard Rock employee back of house areas.
- Drives shuttle bus ensuring the proper use of safety practices and procedures. Makes appropriate radios calls. Follows schedule/ pattern for appropriate routes ensuring timely service.
- Loads and unloads passengers while providing exceptional Guest Service to Team Members. Greeting all Team Members with appropriate greeting (“Good Morning”, “Good Afternoon, “Good Evening”). Screens passengers discreetly for special accommodations and provides appropriate information and or assistance.
- Cleans bus and bus stops, inspects bus for service issues, monitors stops and bus equipment throughout the day and reports to appropriate contact daily.
- Maintains accurate passenger manifests.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and Team Member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required.
EXPERIENCE: Six months to one year previous bus driving experience is preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Commercial Driver's License, Class B with a Passenger and Air Brake endorsement required
- Will be required to undergo Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and random drug testing
The following skills and/or experience is required:
- Strong Guest/ team interaction skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to solve practical problems involving several variables in standardized situations
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Required to be comfortable giving scripted spiel on microphone
- Required ability to stand for long periods of time
- Required to lift up to 50lbs
- Required to bend and kneel
- Ability to stay alert on short repetitious routes
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved.