Data Scientist, Advanced Analytics
JOB SUMMARY: Design, develop and evaluate advanced predictive and machine learning models with a focus on the personalization and optimization of audience first, marketing tactics. Analyze and extract relevant information about guest behaviors and preferences from both structured and unstructured data to better understand marketing opportunities. Conduct advanced analysis on various marketing efforts to gauge performance, impact and effectiveness against the desired results. Responsible for building efficient and scalable automated data processes that prep and standardize various data sources in support of personalization. Delivers accurate, clear, concise insights and visualizations leveraging predictive results that inform and inspire internal stakeholders to make better business decisions.
- Mine data to detect patterns, opportunities and insights via advanced analytical techniques to drive Personalization and Audience Strategy. Conduct analyses utilizing 1st Party and appended information about audiences to facilitate the right content, at the right time, across a guest's planning, shopping, and on-property experience.
- Develop predictive models using machine learning methodologies to target and personalize the experience of individuals across digital touchpoints.
- Collaborate with technology engineers, architects and team to define requirements and help design automated data pipelines and prep processes in support of personalization.
- Define and produce deliverables that identify opportunities to shape consumer experiences that inform and inspire internal stakeholders and decision makers.
- Engage with internal team members to translate business driven hypothesis and scenarios into a modeling framework.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: This role is responsible for the design and management of advanced analytics solutions that incorporate financial, demographic, customer research/insights and behavioral data from internal and external systems to enhance the understanding and increase guest value through the application of actionable segmentation and machine learning models.
- Experienced developing analytical models using statistical, machine learning and data mining methodologies to drive business impact.
- Ability to apply cleansing, imputation, selection and generalization techniques to create high quality features for modeling.
- Intermediate knowledge coding in statistical and programming languages such as R, Python, or similar.
- Skilled in interacting with big data, relational and non-relational data sources at the appropriate level of granularity to support personalization.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to build real-time and automated data processes for personalization.
- Ability to develop dashboards to visualize insights driven by predictive modeling and measure model performance.
- Delivers accurate, clear, concise insights and visualizations leveraging predictive results.
- Knowledge in marketing, media targeting and personalization strategy.
- Demonstrated a willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
- Innate curiosity about the travel and entertainment industry.
- Self-discipline in following project timelines and setting realistic deliverables.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment required.
EDUCATION: Advanced degree (M.S., or M.A., or Ph.D.) in relevant quantitative field (e.g., computer science, mathematics, engineering, statistics, data science, business analytics) required.
- 5+ years of prior hands-on experience in data science is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Competency in programming with statistical modeling tools to fuel and deliver marketing personalization and business insights.
- Strong familiarity with manipulating and mining data to transform business decisions that impact the bottom line.
- Knowledgeable in leveraging visual analytics to create a seamless and inspirational story that inspire and inform business leaders with the necessary knowledge to drive revenue and customer loyalty.
- Experience/Knowledge in the following areas preferred: Travel & Resort Industry, Entertainment &/or Theme Park experience, Marketing Personalization and Recommendation Systems, Digital Marketing & Analytics, Business Intelligence Reporting, CRM Execution, Consumer Research and Journey, Consumer Data, Competitive Analysis.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE