Senior Writer, MarCom
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Writer is an experienced conceptual advertising writer with an impressive history of content creation and brand storytelling across broadcast, social, digital, print and other platforms. This role must understand how to craft messaging for major brands and how to make short- and long-form video projects into must-see content. A Senior Writer is a natural at sparking ideas and building them to scale for campaigns of every size—from simple email streams to international multi-media projects; a masterful writer, an insightful creative strategist and a great collaborator who raises the game of everyone around you. They must be an expert at connecting with the real human truth that drives every creative brief.
- Writes and develops engaging, brand-building, creatively smart, fresh and strategically sound marketing messages for all mediums—including original content creation for digital, print, radio, video and more. Understands, champions and continually seeks to grow our unique brand voice.
- Has a deep understanding of creative advertising and creative briefs. Writes, crafts and presents innovative, strategically clever solutions for Marketing communications of all sizes, from focused CRM communication streams to major multi-platform initiatives and campaigns.
- Collaborates with Art Directors, other writers, Creative Directors, Editors, Creative Strategists, Project Managers and other peers across departments. Leads and directs project teams on extensive video, radio, web and other production projects.
- Embraces opportunities to lead by example and mentor other creative talent. Continually seeks knowledge and professional growth, keeping up with industry trends—researching and sharing your discoveries with others.
- Keeps commitments by delivering exceptional work on-time and on-budget.
- Maintains current knowledge of marketing strategies, trends and tools. Brings enthusiasm and positive thinking to every projec
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree is preferred – Communications, Journalism or Advertising.
- 5+ years' experience required.
- 10+ years of conceptual writing for an advertising agency, an in-house advertising agency preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Entertainment, Travel and Tourism industries is a plus.
- Current online portfolio and/or recent samples are required to be considered.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE