Manager, Lifecycle Journey & Experience Strategy
JOB SUMMARY: The objective of this role is to apply a deep understanding of channel capabilities (web, CRM, social, media) to integrate marketing campaigns and connect the Universal Orlando brand and products to the consumer. With consultation from cross-functional teams, the Manager champions the programs and capabilities across channels to achieve business and campaign objectives.
- Conversion Program Strategy & Integrated Development
- Drive Journey development for Growing/Stable Trip Conversion programs and capabilities.
- Lead an omnichannel, integrated group of Channel Leads to develop journey experiences for Conversion Programs.
- Deliver integrated Programs & Capabilities for activation in the form of Templates and Playbooks.
- Lead Weekly and Monthly integrated worksessions in the pursuit of identifying, documenting, prioritizing and developing improvements to the Journey Programs & Capabilities.
- Where necessary, orchestrate direct-to-market updates to critical touchpoints with channel operations partners.
- Organize and lead retrospective worksessions, brainstorms and tactical worksessions in the development of integrated programs and capabilities.
- Partner with Audience Journey Leads to understand painpoints and/or gaps in the activation of their audiences.
- Continually monitor, test and evolve the journey experiences as needed to drive compounding efficiency and effectiveness that deliver Universal Orlando Resort business goals.
- Continually work to modify, improve and move our customer journeys forward to be audience-first and developed from a consumer point-of-view.
- Organizational Capabilities Partnership
- Partner with the Learning Leads and Analytics Center of Excellence to identify and adapt insights, test & learn findings, and analytics feedback into programs and capabilities that are audience-first and journey focused.
- In partnership with Analytics, develop and implement Journey Analytics that support the functions of the convert journey stage and merchandising of products and services.
- Serve as a champion for the consumer experience across all Universal Parks touch-points, constantly refining the user journey with a focus on serving our Guests in their moment of need and guiding them to the next best action.
- Partner with the Personalization and Test & Learn teams in the identification and prioritization of users stories that support the vision of audience-first conversion programs.
- Digital & Guest Experience Champion
- Champion the advancements in conversion programs through the organization.
- Advocate on behalf of the improved conversion programs and capabilities across the Audience Leads to assure their use and proper deployment.
- Align with Channel leaders to identify best practices in digital marketing and consumer technology trends and establish benchmarks for measuring success of digital marketing programs and tactics.
- Advocate for speed-to-market and optimize for speed of iteration.
- Performance Metrics (TBD on annual basis)
- Deliver against KPIs to achieve OCF goals, Brand Equity Measures, TSAT
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Communications required
- MBA strongly preferred.
- 6+ years of marketing and advertising experience preferably in the travel, entertainment or retail industry.
- A track record of performance meeting targets and objectives.
- Very strong analytical, planning, and critical decision-making skills.
- Out-of-the-box thinker with experience devising and informing content delivery strategies and tactics across the brand's web sites, CRM initiatives, social media, mobile technology, online retail channels, sales and trade partners.
- In-depth understanding of marketing analytics, consumer and brand research and ability to turn data into insights to drive engagement, conversion and loyalty.
- A passion for and experience with new technology and media channels, a natural trend spotter for new technologies that play roles in consumer's lives.
- Cross-functional expertise and the ability to be proactive and thrive in a fast-paced, complex and highly collaborative environment.
- Experience presenting to and working with senior executives.
- Ability to effectively manage change and conflicts, and problem solve in a highly-collaborative environment.
- Strong leadership experience. Ability to inspire and motivate a team of highly intelligent and driven individuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience connecting business strategy and communication strategy to consumer needs and expectations.
- Mastery of basic marketing principles, such as target segmentation, category, value proposition, positioning, and brand strategy.
- Understanding of key consumer segments (Florida/Orlando, Domestic US, International)
- Travel & Resort Industry, Entertainment and/or Theme Park experience
- Event marketing and management
- Launching New Attractions or Products/Services
- Brand Management
- Licensed Partner Marketing models
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE