Senior Designer, Graphic - Entertainment
JOB SUMMARY: Creates Entertainment design solutions that reflect design requirements for marquee projects and capital programs. Also, to prepare all digital design spec documents for printing interior and exterior signage. Managing freelance graphic designers assigned.
- Provides and presents creative design solutions that reflect design requirements for marquee projects and capital programs to the Scenic Managers/Show Directors for their review. Gathers relevant data pertaining to the marquee programs from Mardi Gras, to HHN, to Christmas and meets with the Scenic Managers, Show Directors, Producers and internal divisions to review all aspects of the assignment. Extracts vital information to create design solutions that supports the thematic of each project assigned from marquee to capital programs.
- Prepares all digital files for printing/fabrication using Photoshop, Illustrator and/or numerous other design programs. Responsible to archive every project assigned.
- Plans and manages multiple assignments to ensure deadlines are met and on budget. Mentors Associate Designers by guiding and providing direction.
- Works with Staging and Rigging, Engineering, EHS on all overhead safety protocols for installing exterior signage. Responsible to design and build all signage to UO specifications.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Illustration and Graphic Design preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 5-7 Years designer experience in an agency environment or in-house creative department required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2021 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE