Manager, People Analytics
Support and empower both HR and business leaders with data and insights to help them better understand their organizations and shape their People strategy. Utilize a data-driven problem-solving approach to reveal insights and opportunities by assessing and interpreting data as well as aggregating data to succinctly tell a story and tie it to business outcomes and endeavors. Work with cross-function / cross-company partners to sync data, usage and interpretation to serve as one source of truth.
- Analytics / Story Telling: Use quantitative and qualitative analytical strategies to measure the effectiveness of programs, current and future state structure, and efforts for a large complex global organization. Utilize proven understanding of trend analysis and other business-related data analysis strategies. Conduct statistical analysis to validate the relevance and correlation of different data sets. Clearly draw out trend lines to share with clients. Inspire and empower both HR and business leaders with data and insights to help them better understand their organizations and shape their People strategy. Measure and review processes to improve organizational effectiveness and make recommendations for further optimization. Develops and use predictive models to address client business problems/inquiries. Assist with deploying models into the business.
- Dashboards and Visualizations: Transform ongoing and ad hoc overall business needs into visual representations, exhibits, summaries, organizational charts and presentations to clearly present complex data to draw conclusions. Create visualizations and presentations from scratch to best summarize and display the underlying data. Prepare executive summaries that aid business leaders in a variety of decision-making processes. Maintain key analytics within HR dashboards to quickly evaluate trends, spot anomalies over time, highlight key summaries and draw attention to areas of focus. Continuously maintain and enhance day-to-day global dashboarding as well as visualizations and analytics for a variety of special projects.
- Reporting: Evaluate data from across multiple data sources to effectively identify key data fields, clean, translate, aggregate and consolidate data into a singular succinct source. Lead cross-function / cross-Company collaboration to align on underlying data, translations and interpretations. Work with key stakeholders to ensure data integrity for accurate analysis. Assist business leaders and HR to define and discover their process and reporting requirements. Fulfill global and company-wide report requests, ensure validity of reporting results and summarize key highlights to more easily inform partners of the metrics and analytics of their group. Provide HR reporting/dashboard support and expertise as part of cyclical HR activity and ad hoc projects. Continuously assess, organize, audit, manage and recommend any changes to outstanding reports.
- Business Acumen / Presenting: Meet with stakeholders to truly listen to and understand business needs / intent. Transform overall concepts into tangible analytics, summaries, dashboards, tools and key highlights to help deliver data driven facts / predictions to spur data driven decision making and/or problem solving. Present findings, updates, insights, and final recommendations with influence to diverse audiences across the business.
- Knowledge, Technology and Collaboration: Collaborate with a team of data analysts across Parks, NBCU, Comcast and the wider organization to leverage different approaches, projects, and technology. Review external market research for relevant best practices and trends in the marketplace. Research, recommend and develop models and tools to continually seek opportunities to identify and enable process improvements. Optimize technology for process automation, enhanced accuracy and self-service to enable communication, collaboration, and access to information. Facilitate process documentation and mapping to streamline efficiencies, remove redundancies and ensure cross function / company alignment.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience required in a quantitative or related field such as data analytics, business analytics, management science, industrial engineering, economics, mathematics, or statistics
EXPERIENCE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities (KSAs) required.
- 5+ years working in a quantitative environment demonstrating successively more complex modeling and analysis
- 3+ years of experience using BI Visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency with various applications and systems including MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in consolidating, analyzing and summarizing large confidential data sets, multiple data sources and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, project management and attention to detail
- Able to independently identify key issues, patterns or deviations from norm
- Ability to effectively demonstrate data trends and analysis through advanced visualization skills with the ability to tell a compelling story
- Proven understanding of business-related data analysis strategies / actionable analytics
- Effective listening, written and verbal communication skills including ability to explain data and metrics to all audiences
- Understanding of HR as a practice and the People processes associated with the employee lifecycle
- Willingness to pick up new tools/skills eagerly and proactively to remain a leader in the field
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE