Environmental Housekeeper- South Seminole Hospital (Full-Time, Night Shift)- REQ45827
Department: SSEM Environmental Services
Status: Full Time
Orlando Health South Seminole Hospital:
Serving the healthcare needs of Seminole County for more than 35 years, Orlando Health South Seminole Hospital is an acute care hospital offering expertise in numerous areas to include cardiology, pulmonology, orthopedics, and rehabilitation. Its 206 beds include an 80-bed inpatient behavioral health unit for adults and youths facing mental and addictive disorders. The hospital also houses a fully equipped surgery department, state-of-the-art endoscopy center and diagnostic cardiac catheterization laboratory and is a certified Primary Stroke Center. In addition to a full range of outpatient services, the campus is home to an Orlando Health Cancer Institute location providing diagnostic, treatment and supportive care. The hospital serves as a base for one of Orlando Health's three Air Care Team helicopters and provides services at the Orlando Health Emergency Room and Medical Pavilion – Lake Mary. Recognized for quality, Orlando Health South Seminole appeared among the top teaching hospitals on the 2021 IBM Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals® list and was named by Modern Healthcare as one of the “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” for 2020 and 2021.
· Hiring Incentive available- apply for more details!
· Provides cleaning services to patient and non-patient areas.
· Cleans in-patient and non-patient rooms to include, but not limited to patient bed, furniture, light fixtures, ceiling vents, windows, window coverings/blinds, restroom/bathroom fixtures, IV poles, Murphy beds, other designated patient room equipment, floors and carpets.
· Replenishes supplies as needed, remove bio-medical waste, trash and soiled linen as required on a daily basis and changes cubicle/window curtains as needed. Accomplishes these functions by pushing and pulling cleaning carts, moving supplies and equipment, carrying buckets, operating equipment such as vacuum cleaners, and climbing a ladder as needed.
· Completes patient room and bathroom cleaning daily to accommodate discharges/admissions and overall cleanliness standards utilizing the approved procedures for patient room cleaning to include Bed Management systems where applicable.
· Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
· Adheres to all Standards of Precaution, SDS and Hand Hygiene directives.
· Capable of completing Patient room cleaning processes utilizing the 7 Step cleaning method when performing Environmental Housekeeper duties.
· Must complete all mandatory training as designated and required.
· Keeps current with all policies and procedures of the hospital and the department.
· Participates in other related duties not directly assigned.
· Ability to read and recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers. Must have good working knowledge and be capable of accessing and using all department related computer systems such as but not limited to the Bed Management systems.
· Must be able to complete required mandatory educational training.