Wellness Coach/Personal Trainer, Winter Park YMCA Family Center
Winter Park, FL
This position will cultivate member relationships by providing a high-level customer service experience, and improve member retention. This individual will engage members by interacting with them on the wellness floor, supporting the general membership, and completing a schedule for cleaning equipment each shift.
- Greets and develops friendly, professional relationships with all members.
- Provides excellent customer service utilizing the Towels, Water, Headsets, technique.
- Remain alert and attentive to all members in the wellness center.
- Respond promptly and appropriately, when rescue or first aid is necessary.
- Enforce all safety rules fairly, consistently with tact and respect.
- Ensure cleanliness of equipment and facility.
- Engages with member and may build a client base for Family Center and organization personal training revenue goals.
- Attend all mandatory meetings and trainings.
- Remains up to date on emergency procedures and family center policies.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of Central Florida in the Family Center and its programs.
- All other duties assigned by Management.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Wellness, Personal training or customer service experience required.
- Previous customer service experience working in a health club, spa, or healthcare industry preferred.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications required.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends and holidays as needed.
- May be required to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. in various forms.
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time while demonstrating manual dexterity in order to accurately work on the phone, computer keyboard, and other equipment.
- Must be alert at all times, keeping safety in mind. Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor environment and members' well-being.
- Must possess auditory, verbal and visual capabilities in order to adequately communicate via phone and in person.
- Must be capable of working under pressure in a somewhat disruptive environment.
- Must complete successful background screening, which includes criminal and drug screening.
- All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. The YMCA promotes an equal employment opportunity work place which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Please see your manager should you have any questions about this policy or these job duties.
- This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.