ADMINISTRATIVE SUPERVISOR - Health Central Hospital Patient Care Admin - PRN/DAY
Department: PATIENT CARE ADMIN
Status: Pool/Per Diem
The Administrative Supervisor facilitates timely and safe patient flow and provides off-shift management and operational oversight of the acute care hospital setting, and ensures the provision of safe, quality patient care.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing required.
- Current professional license as a registered nurse in the State of Florida. National Certification in specialty area within six (6) months.
- Maintains current BLS; as determined by specialty area ACLS, PALS, NALS, or TNCC is required.
- Two (2) years of experience as a registered nurse in the acute care setting and one (1) year leadership experience.
- Serves as a clinical resource agent to nursing units and allied health departments for problem solving, within a given shift.
- Ensures safe and timely patient flow throughout the facility and coordinates intrasystem transfers.
- Participates in clinical observation and assessment for patients as needed to determine appropriate level of care/patient placement.
- Provides oversight of staffing resources in coordination with department leadership and the corporate staffing office.
- Ensures a visible and collegial leadership presence throughout the facility and shift.
- Serves as a first responder for all emergency code events and house alerts.
- Completes documentation per shift for patient census, events and flow outcomes; proficiently operating databases, bed management programs, and the electronic health record.
- Serves as a leadership resource for Orlando Health policy, procedure, legal and risk issues, and compliance with regulatory standards and accrediting agencies.
- Responds/resolves team member, patient, family member, and provider concerns and provides follow-up with appropriate individuals.
- Provides support, education, coaching, and mentoring to team members.
- Assists personnel and families in all circumstances that surround death of a patient; facilitating arrangements for autopsies, organ/tissue donation and/or verification of referrals to the Medical Examiner.
- Serves as the central intake for patient matters concerning the American Disability Act, language and/or cultural issues; facilitating assistance as needed within the facility.
- Manages human resource related functions; not limited to interviewing, onboarding, evaluating personnel, reinforcing expectations with standards for care and /or conduct and issuing corrective actions.
- Provides crisis management support and coordinates follow-up actions with the Administrator -on-Call (AOC).
- Serves as the Incident Commander for all HICS events until the hospital administrator arrives on the scene.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
Communication and Relationship Building
- Effective Communication: proficient in oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Relationship Management: demonstrates collaborative and collegial relationship skills, engages staff in decision making and exhibits effective conflict resolution skills.
- Influencing Behaviors: inspires desired behaviors, manages undesired behaviors and promotes decisions that are patient centered.
- Diversity: values diversity and establishes a work environment that is culturally competent.
- Community Relationships: represents the organization as a resource to non-health care constituents within the community.
Knowledge of the Healthcare Environment
- Clinical Practice Knowledge: demonstrates knowledge of current nursing practice, roles and functions of team members, patient care policies and procedures, and state and federal standards.
- Evidence Based Practice and Patient Care Outcomes: Uses data and other sources of evidence to inform decision making and to interpret outcome measures.
- Patient Safety & Team Member Safety: Supports a Zero Harm Environment and a Just Culture; responding and acting on safety recommendations.
- Performance Improvement: participates in Gemba board reviews and process improvement work; internalizing one's role in achieving optimal outcomes for the patient and organization.
- Risk Management: ensures compliance with required standards and facilitate timely reporting of liability issues.
- Foundational Thinking Skills: demonstrates reflective practice and an understanding that all leadership begins from within; applying critical analysis to organizational issues after a review of the evidence.
- Systems Thinking: uses knowledge of classic and contemporary systems thinking in problem solving and decision making.
- Change Management: utilizes change management concept and adapts leadership style to situation need.
- Personal and Professional Accountability: acts as a role model for standards of professional practice (clinical, educational and leadership) for colleagues and constituents.
- Ethics & Advocacy: upholds ethical principles and corporate compliance standards and involves team members in decisions that affect their practice.
- Human Resource Management: promotes a healthful work environment and ensures compliance with legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Resource Management: ensures appropriate utilization of supplies and materials and staffing resources.
- Information and Technology: proficiently uses technology and databases to support improvement of clinical, safety and fiscal performance.
ADDRESS: 10000 W. Colonial Dr. Suite 285, (Health Central MOB) Ocoee FL 34761
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.