Food Server / Bartender - Embassy Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista South
Title: Server / Bartender
Department: Food & Beverage
Location: Orlando, Florida
The Embassy Suites - Orlando Lake Buena Vista South is currently accepting applications for Server / Bartender.
As a Food Server/ Bartender, you would be responsible for serving food and/or preparing and serving beverages to guests in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Respond to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Ensure knowledge of menu and restaurant promotions and specials
- Mix and garnish beverages according to recipe and portion control standards
- Take guest food and/or beverage orders and input orders in appropriate point-of-sale system
- Check guests for proper identification and serve alcoholic beverages to guests in accordance with federal, state, local and company laws and regulations
- Retrieve and deliver food and beverage orders in a timely manner
- Ensure guest satisfaction throughout the meal / beverage service
- Stock and maintain server station and bar to include, but not limited to, beer wine, spirits, paper products, straws, stirrers, condiments, glassware, ice and produce
- Respond professionally to inebriated guests, as needed
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Must have at least 1 year of previous restaurant server / bartender experience.
- A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a team player with superb customer service skills.
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend and reach for extended periods of time.
- Able to report to scheduled shifts.
- Able to communicate effectively with co-workers and guests.
- The ideal candidate is friendly, courteous and always smiling (with guests and fellow associates)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
**Only candidates who meet the above qualifications will be considered.**