Nursing Assistant (Pool/Per Diem) - ORMC Echocardiology - Varies
Department: ORMC Echocardiology
Status: Pool/Per Diem
Located on the downtown Orlando campus, Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center
(ORMC) has served the Central Florida area for more than 100 years. Orlando Health ORMC is
the flagship hospital of the Orlando Health system and one of the largest tertiary facilities in the
region, offering the most advanced care available for surgical, medical, rehabilitative and
emergency care needs, including serving as Central Florida's only Level One Trauma Center.
The hospital provides a comprehensive continuum of care through leading-edge technology and
expertise in trauma, heart, vascular, stroke, neuroscience, oncology, surgery and orthopedic
care. This excellence in care has earned the hospital recognition from U.S. News & World
Report as a “Best Regional Hospital” in Central Florida and a "High Performing Hospital" in 13
adult procedures and conditions in the 2021-22 rankings as well as being named in the 2021
IBM Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals® list. Fourteen hospital units at Orlando Health ORMC
currently hold Beacon Awards for Excellence for exceptional nursing care from the American
Association of Critical-Care Nurses, making it one of the highest-earning adult hospitals in the
The Nursing Assistant performs patient care to patients under the direction and supervision of the Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse.
- High school graduate or equivalent
Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certification.
- Assists patient with hygiene, mobility, hydration, elimination and nutritional needs.
- Provides routine treatments and maintains a safe, clean, neat, and organized patient environment.
- Maintains safety and security of patients, families, self, and other members of the healthcare team.
- Assures patient privacy, rights, and confidentiality.
- Follows standard precautions, always washes hands between patients.
- Assists with admission, transfer, and discharge of patients.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiratory rates, food and fluid intake and output as directed.
- Obtains data and accurately documents pertinent patient information according to Orlando Health specific policies and guidelines.
- Recognizes and communicates appropriate information and safety concerns regarding the patient's condition to the RN and or other members of the healthcare team.
- Participates in handoff report and purposeful hourly rounding of patients.
- Provides exceptional service and or care to all patients, families, customers and team members.
- Demonstrates competency in specific tasks and skills as defined by Orlando Health and unit specific competencies.
- Maintains a clean, neat, safe and organized nursing unit.
- Receives and processes incoming phone calls, patient call lights and guest requests.
- Transports and delivers items, equipment, blood products, and medications (excluding controlled substances and IV chemotherapy drugs) throughout the facility.
- May have limited access to areas storing medications.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
ADDRESS: 1414 Kuhl Ave. (ORMC) Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.