Registered Nurse - Acute Care - South Lake Hosp - ICC - VFT - Nightshift
Department: SOLK Cardiac Interventional
Status: Variable Full Time
Address: 1900 Don Wickham Drive Clermont FL 34711
Administers patient care in an area in a hospital or inpatient/observation setting where an acute care patient receives active treatment for an injury, episode of illness, a medical condition, or post intervention with assessment.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Meets all mandatory, developmental, and performance competency requirements for Orlando Health and unit/department.
- Maintains current State of Florida RN license or valid eNLC multistate RN license
- Maintains current BLS/Healthcare Provider certification.
- ACLS, NRP, PALS, TNCC are required for certain areas. NRP required for Neonatal Intensive care Unit (NICU).
- Assesses patient's needs and develops/revises an individualized plan of care based on patient needs and responses. Evaluates the patient's progress toward attaining expected outcomes.
- Respects diversity by building respectful relationships with all team members and customers.
- Functions as a patient and family advocate.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit/ department.
- Serves as a preceptor, charge nurse, unit educator, and/ or nurse clinician.
- Communicates and collaborates with medical staff and interdisciplinary team to effectively plan and manage the unit/department.
- Serves as a role model for staff and supports the hospital and nursing department's goals and strategies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the patient's status, and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs.
- Coordinates the care and delegates as appropriate to other team members on a defined group of patients.
- Documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, and consistent manner meeting all required and regulatory standards. This includes but is not limited to patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments, and patient safety.
- Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of patient care/unit equipment as defined by unit/department-specific requisite skills.
- Prioritizes patient care in an ongoing manner in accordance with Evidence-Based Practice Standards of Care.
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution.
- Delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in accordance with the patient's needs and the team member's capabilities and qualifications.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding patient condition or unit concerns to other health care team members.
- Demonstrates caring practices by providing a compassionate and therapeutic environment for patients and their families.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues and patients' rights.
- Collaborates with the education department and nursing leadership team to effectively transition and support new team members and/or students.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- The professional nurse contributes to the knowledge and skills of others, and the continuous improvement of the quality of health care practice and organizational outcomes.
- Participates and may lead unit level and/or organizational level committees of nursing practice and performance improvement.
- Participates in department and organizational peer review, mentoring, and coaching regarding professional practice or role performance.
- Practices efficient use of supplies and maintains a clean, safe, and organized work area.
- Attends staff development in-services, department meetings, and/or nursing committee meetings.
- Partners with the nursing leadership team to identify professional development needs.
- Assumes responsibility for one's own professional development and continuing education.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.