Registered Nurse RN- ORMC Neuro Trauma Unit - Variable Full Time - Night
Department: ORMC Neuro Trauma Unit
Status: Variable Full Time
The Graduate Registered Nurse (ASN) administers bedside patient care in a hospital setting under the supervision of a preceptor and/or charge nurse.
Associate of Science Degree in Nursing
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Florida or Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC).
- BLS/Healthcare Provider certification
- ACLS certification for adult critical care areas. PALS required for Pediatric Critical Care areas. NRP required for Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). (See unit specific requirements for specialty certification)
- Assesses patients' needs when developing an individualized plan of care for each patient.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on assigned unit/department.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, assesses the data reflective of the patient's status, and interprets the necessary information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to age-specific needs.
- Coordinates the care and delegates as appropriate to other team members on a defined group of patients.
- Documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, and consistent manner meeting all required and regulatory standards. This includes but is not limited to: patient assessment, education, medication administration, treatments, and patient safety.
- Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of patient care/unit equipment as defined by unit specific requisite skills.
- Prioritizes patient care in an ongoing manner in accordance with Evidence-Based Practice Standards of Care.
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding patient condition or unit concerns to other health care team members.
- Maintains a safe and caring environment for both patients and family.
- Integrates patient and family education throughout the delivery of care.
- Demonstrates awareness of Process Improvement activities on the unit, legal issues, and patients' rights.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state, and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Practices efficient use of supplies and maintains a clean, safe, and organized work area.
- Attends staff development in-services, department meetings, and/or nursing committee meetings.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development and continuing education.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
ADDRESS: 52 W Underwood St (ORMC) Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.