Senior Front Office Assistant
Department: ONC Medical Clinical Staff
Status: Variable Full Time
The Senior Front Office Assistant performs routine computerized scheduling and administrative functions in an ambulatory/physician office operating under the direction of the Department Manager, Medical Office Manager, Academic Program Manager, Academic Practice Nurse Manager and/or the Practice Site Supervisor.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Typing speed of approximately 30 wpm or ability to successfully demonstrate competent use of practice management computer system.
- Knowledge of ICD & CPT.
Two (2) years' experience in a medical office environment.
- Adheres and assures compliance with Orlando Health and department specific policy, procedures, value statements and Commitment to Excellence standards.
- Able to handle multiple simultaneous tasks, answer telephone, take messages, file lab reports, medical records and other information according to practice policies and procedures.
- Performs word processing and spreadsheet data.
- Performs charge entry and cash handling.
- Acts as a liaison between the physician, patient and insurance companies to include obtaining referrals and/or authorizations.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Participates in Quality Assurance and Quality Indicator activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patient rights and compliance with standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies. Practices the efficient use of supplies.
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized office.
- Act as a Liaison to assist office billing service as requested.
ADDRESS: 1400 S. Orange Ave. Orlando Health Cancer Institute Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.