Senior Scheduling Coordinator - Digestive Health Institute - Orlando
Department: DHI-Gen GI ORMC
Status: Full Time
The Senior Scheduling Coordinator will communicate regularly with physicians, patients, ancillary and surgical areas to include: scheduling, rescheduling, and cancellation of single/multiple tests and procedures.
- High school diploma and medical terminology and/or basic anatomy training required.
- Associate's degree in Business, information systems, clinical field or related may be substituted for up to two (2) years of experience.
- Three (3) years of experience in clinical registration and scheduling.
- Associated degree in Business, information systems clinical field or related may be substitute for two years of experience
- Responsible for maintenance of appropriate departmental schedules.
- May provide feedback to manager for human resources functions such as hiring, coaching, and counseling.
- Efficiently and accurately gathers and inputs patient demographic information, insurance verification/authorization and schedules.
- Accurately communicates prep information, arrival time and arrival location to patient.
- Inputs and distributes charge management process on a daily basis schedules and cancels multiple diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- Understands the importance Orlando Health places on providing exemplary customer service with a Patient First Philosophy.
- Consistently reviews the schedules daily and communicates all changes to appropriate staff.
- Knowledge of computer applications, multi-line telephone system, printers, copy fax machines, which may include required data en
- Acts as a liaison to the clinical and business staff to ensure effective and efficient patient management.
- Assist in training or mentoring of all team members.
- Provide accurate information of department/procedure specific scheduling criteria to expedite patient preparation, arrival location and time.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Monitors workload each day and prioritizing based on department.
- Accurately uses medical terminology, multi-line phones, and word processing/spreadsheet applications.
- Regularly communicates with Patient Access and clinical departments regarding registration and scheduling issues.
- Takes a proactive role in problem resolution.
ADDRESS: 89 West Copeland Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.