Staff Counsel Office Manager
Summary of Position:
The staff counsel office manager is responsible for the daily supervision of all litigation department paralegals and legal assistants. This includes all administrative tasks associated with leading a team, such as weekly time management and payroll, drafting and reviewing performance appraisals, and discussing corrective actions, when necessary. This position is also responsible for implementing workflows that support the company's litigation goals and objectives, and oversees all training and development needs of direct reports.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the daily supervision of all paralegals and legal assistants (exempt and non-exempt employees) in the staff counsel office
- Responsible for the training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
- Assigns and monitors workloads and workflow all staff counsel operations; this includes directly managing the work of paralegals and legal assistants, and collaborating with managing attorneys for assignments to staff attorneys
- Partners with managing and staff attorneys to ensure compliance with staff counsel litigation guidelines
- Provides management and litigation director with analysis and feedback on operations as required
- Provides management of the productivity of the team which includes analysis and balance of the caseloads within the unit.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation
- Present a professional and helpful appearance
- Assists in other areas of the department or other departments as required
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university in associated discipline or high school diploma with prior claims experience may be considered in lieu of education requirements
- 5+ years of management experience in a comparable role
- Possess an understanding of property insurance claims, claims litigation, and legal processes and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; interacts well with different people and able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- PC Literate with a firm understanding of Microsoft Office Programs
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Conflict Management
- Decision Quality
- Developing Direct Reports
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Our company is a drug-free workplace, and all candidates which are offered a position will be required to submit to pre-employment drug screening. Refusal to submit to drug screening will result in retraction of offer.