Underwriting Technician - Service Center of Excellence (Lake Mary)
Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to have a voice and feel a sense of belonging? At ICW Group, we hire innovative people who consistently adapt, grow and deliver. We believe in hard work, a fun work environment, and embracing creativity that only comes about when talented people collaborate to develop solutions. Our mission to create the best insurance experience possible.
Headquartered in San Diego with regional offices located throughout the United States, ICW Group has been named for seven consecutive years as a Top 50 performing P&C company offering the stability of a large, profitable and growing company combined with a small-company entrepreneurial spirit. Our purpose-driven ethos provides team members with opportunities to contribute, develop, and belong.
ICW has an excellent opportunity to support the Service Center of Excellence underwriting staff by processing insurance policy submissions as they are received from policy holders. This role exists in order to alleviate the administrative responsibilities of the underwriting staff and to ensure that submissions are moving forward in a timely manner.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Enters underwriting data into web-based system.
- Enters submission information in company's proprietary web-based system to enable underwriter to quote business.
- Follows up with agents to obtain missing submission information using web-based system.
- Requests renewal information from agents and help prepare renewal for underwriter to quote.
Provides administrative support to Underwriting staff.
- Handles agent/insured phone calls, faxes, and mail.
- Orders loss runs requested by agents and insureds and sends via fax, email, or mail.
- Prepares and mails claims kits and marketing materials requested by agents and insureds.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 1-3 months of related experience and/or training.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Data entry skills and the ability to learn enterprise and department specific applications.
- Basic Word and Excel knowledge.
- Ability to conduct basic research.