Physical Therapist (Pool) - Orlando Health Dr. P. Phillips Hospital
Physical Therapist provides services that help restore function, improve mobility, relieve pain, and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities of patients with injuries or disease. The Physical Therapist works closely with patients and clients to restore, maintain, and promote their overall fitness and wellness for healthier and more active lifestyles. This position is used primarily to supplement weekend staffing.
Bachelor's degree or higher from an approved program in physical therapy.
Current Physical Therapist license in the State of Florida—renewed every two years. Must maintain CPR certification. Continuing Education as required by State Practice Act.
• Evaluates patients, gathering data from the patient, the physician, interdisciplinary team meetings if available, family and significant other persons and data sources.
• Develops treatment plans which integrate with the continuum of care and have specific goals and objectives and treats accordingly.
• Demonstrates competency in the use, care and maintenance of profession specific equipment, observing safety precautions and providing verbal explanations of the equipment and its purpose.
• Re-evaluates and modifies treatment plan and goals when appropriate.
• Recognizes and communicates when the patient has received optimal benefit from physical therapy.
• Adheres to State Practice Act and Standards of Practice.
• Ensures complete documentation and accurate billing.
•Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards. · Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures. Other
Physical Therapist that can treat both basic neuro and ortho.