Radiology Angiographer - Arnold Palmer Radiology - Days
Department: APMC Radiology
Status: Full Time
Address: 92 West Miller St. (Arnold Palmer Hospital) Orlando FL 32806
Providing compassionate care to the children, teenagers and young adults of Central Florida for more than 30 years, Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children is located on the downtown Orlando campus and includes 156 licensed beds for specialized care for children as well as the Bert Martin's Champions for Children Emergency Department & Trauma Center, offering trauma care for children as the pediatric site of the Orlando Health ORMC Level One Trauma Center. State-of-the-art pediatric services are provided by a comprehensive staff that includes pediatric subspecialty physicians and a nursing team that is “Magnet” recognized for nursing excellence and high-quality patient care. The hospital also has earned national recognition for 12 consecutive years as a “Best Children's Hospitals” by U.S. News & World Report and was included, together with Orlando Health ORMC, in the IBM Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals® list for 2021.
Provides quality patient care when performing diagnostic imaging and related procedures to demonstrate anatomy for interpretation and/or intervention for procedures while adhering to radiation safety principles.
Graduate of accredited school of Radiologic Technology.
- Valid Certified Radiologic Technologist licensure by the State of Florida and
- Valid American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification and
- Maintains current BLS/Healthcare provider certification
- Exercises professional judgment in performance of services and maintains a demeanor complimentary to quality care.
- Delivers appropriate care while recognizing patient conditions and ensuring successful completion of procedures and protocols.
- Assists the physician in producing diagnostic imaging and related procedures to demonstrate anatomy for interpretation and/or intervention.
- Assist physician in all procedures as necessary.
- Ensures that the patient's education of procedure performed, needs, safety and comfort are met while in their care.
- Complies with all state and federal regulations applicable to each modality.
- Adheres to Orlando Health mission statements and commitment to excellence standards.
- Assesses the patient's physical condition and age specific needs.
- Provides instructions that achieve patient cooperation and desired results.
- Performs proper patient identification, acquires patient's clinical history and assures that the information is accurately documented and communicated to appropriate team members.
- Positions patient, equipment, associated devices and manipulates technical factors to achieve high quality images for interpretation.
- Assesses diagnostic images for technical quality, proper annotation and patient identification, ensuring that all relative anatomy is demonstrated.