If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
The Innovation and Entrepreneurship master of science degree program is designed for students interested in creating technology-based entrepreneurial projects and companies, as well as those who seek leadership roles in established companies with a goal of creating new visionary opportunities within those organizations. The program supports the goals and aspirations of traditional entrepreneurs, as well as “intrapreneurs” who will promote innovation and change within companies (or even “inventrepreneurs” who create new products for handoff to others). Whether innovating within companies or creating new business ventures powered by unique ideas, entrepreneurs understand that the only true constant is change – and that creativity and innovation are the key to sustainable and successful businesses. Course Directors may be required to teach both on-campus and online. All positions are full time in Winter Park, FL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an environment of learning through effective teaching skills, maintain student-centered focus, and update curriculum to keep current and relevant to industry standards.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and encourage active learning.
- Create learning activities, including assignments, tests, quizzes and labs, and assess student outcomes in a timely manner through effective assessment and constructive feedback to students to support the learning process.
- Perform lectures for campus courses, and hold scheduled virtual course meetings for online courses. Teaching will be conducted through on-campus and online delivery.
- Interact positively with diverse student populations; provide all students with equal opportunities for learning.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the industry, maintain knowledge and skill relevancy through continuing education as defined in the faculty development plan.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintains strict confidentiality of student and company information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Oversee the integrity of curriculum and degree learning outcomes.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing for grammar and punctuation
- Ability to provide detailed formative and summative feedback on student projects
- Ability to multi-task while working independently and collaboratively with other teachers and university staff
- Ability to interact professionally and constructively with students and staff at all levels in an immersive, fast paced environment
Education and/or Experience:
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of four (4) years related and verifiable work experience in entrepreneurship and business management. The minimum degree requirement is a Master's degree, terminal degree preferred, with at least 18 graduate credit hours in Business, Management, Entrepreneurship, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, Excel, Keynote/PowerPoint and Outlook
- Broad base of knowledge of business, business development, entreprenueship, management, sales and general finance.
- Must have strong analytical and communication skilss
- Teaching experience is preferred and the candidate must have a passion for education
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office and classroom environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active student and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.