Medical Technologist II - Clinical Lab - Full Time - Dr. P. Phillips Hospital
Department: DPH Clinical Lab
Status: Variable Full Time
The Medical Technologist II performs and reports both routine and special laboratory testing following established policies and procedures to ensure the highest quality of laboratory results within established time frames.
- Graduate from an approved school of medical laboratory technology.
- Bachelor degree.
- Completion of an approved clinical laboratory training internship.
- Current Florida license as a Medical Technologist certified in the specialty/specialties required by the laboratory section assigned.
- Verifies results and quality control data for accuracy and reliability.
- Performs, evaluates, and documents all quality control, preventive maintenance and troubleshooting procedures.
- Demonstrates computer system proficiency including ordering, resulting, and inquiry functions.
- Ensures proper utilization and preparation of reagents and supplies.
- Communicates critical results to the patient caregiver.
- Utilizes theoretical knowledge and critical thinking skills to help troubleshoot unusual situations; regularly reports unresolved issues to the immediate supervisor.
- Assists in the development of departmental policies and procedures for test performance, quality control, and preventative maintenance.
- Regularly reports work activities and pending work to the oncoming technologist.
- Responds to work related technical inquiries.
- Assumes one or more of the following responsibilities: primary operator duties, projects, teaching, and tech in charge evaluation of new technology, regulatory compliance, process improvement, or quality control maintenance.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Performs specimen collection procedures, specimen receiving and processing as required.
- Answers the telephone and greets guests to the department.
- Maintains current job knowledge in order to effectively instruct students or other personnel.
- Responsible for an active role in the laboratory quality improvement program.
- Follows the established policies and procedures to meet regulatory and accrediting agency requirements.
- Practices infection control and safety practices and keeps a clean and organized work area.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient record, hospital and departmental matters at all times.
ADDRESS: 9400 Turkey Lake Rd. (Dr. P. Phillips Hospital) Orlando FL 32819
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.