Nursing Assistant - Cardiac Step down - Nights
Department: 17 N7 Cardiac Telemetry/HF
Status: Variable Full Time
Located on the downtown Orlando campus, Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical Center (ORMC) has served the Central Florida area for more than 100 years. Orlando Health ORMC is the flagship hospital of the Orlando Health system and one of the largest tertiary facilities in the region, offering the most advanced care available for surgical, medical, rehabilitative and emergency care needs, including serving as Central Florida's only Level One Trauma Center. The hospital provides a comprehensive continuum of care through leading-edge technology and expertise in trauma, heart, vascular, stroke, neuroscience, oncology, surgery and orthopedic care. This excellence in care has earned the hospital recognition from U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Regional Hospital” in Central Florida and a "High Performing Hospital" in 13 adult procedures and conditions in the 2021-22 rankings as well as being named in the 2021 IBM Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals® list. Fourteen hospital units at Orlando Health ORMC currently hold Beacon Awards for Excellence for exceptional nursing care from the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses, making it one of the highest-earning adult hospitals in the state.
The Nursing Assistant I performs general patient care to patients under the direction and supervision of the Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse.
- High school graduate or equivalent
Must obtain BLS/HealthCare Provider certification within 30 days of hire
- Assists patient with hygiene, mobility, hydration, elimination and nutritional needs.
- Provides routine treatments and maintains a safe, clean, neat, and organized patient environment.
- Maintains safety and security of patients, families, self, and other members of the healthcare team.
- Assures patient privacy, rights, and confidentiality.
- Follows standard precautions, always washes hands between patients.
- Assists with admission, transfer, and discharge of patients.
- Takes and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse, respiratory rates, food and fluid intake and output as directed.
- Obtains data and accurately documents pertinent patient information according to Orlando Health specific policies and guidelines.
- Recognizes and communicates appropriate information and safety concerns regarding the patient's condition to the RN and or other members of the healthcare team.
- Participates in hand off report and purposeful hourly rounding of patients.
- Provides exceptional service and or care to all patients, families, customers and team members.
- Demonstrates competency in specific tasks and skills as defined by Orlando Health and unit specific competencies.
- Maintains a clean, neat, safe and organized nursing unit.
- Receives and processes incoming phone calls, patient call lights and guest requests.
- Transports and delivers items, equipment, blood products, and medications (excluding controlled substances and IV chemotherapy drugs) throughout the facility.
- May have limited access to areas storing medications.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Enthusiastically supports and participates in planned changes.
- Participates in nursing Performance Improvement activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues, patient rights and compliance with the standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Consistently utilizes time and resources effectively and efficiently.
- Attends hospital, unit staff meetings and in-services according to policy.
- Completes all mandatory training.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care based on principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs.
ADDRESS: 1414 Kuhl Ave. (ORMC) Orlando FL 32806
ABOUT ORLANDO HEALTH
Orlando Health is one of Florida's most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare networks, and is based in Orlando, FL. Our facilities, advanced medical treatments and procedures, and highly qualified staff have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader for nearly two million Central Florida residents and 10,000 international visitors annually. Click here to learn more about Orlando Health.