Salary Range: $38,230.40 - $42,053.00
Must have the physical, developmental and mental ability to perform job tasks, work efforts, responsibilities and duties of the job illustrated below:
To perform detailed professional and administrative duties in the development and coordination of bids for commodities and services to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
Work involves the procurement of assigned commodity groups for user divisions including the review of electronic requisitions, preparation of bid documents, analysis of bids and preparation and execution of purchase orders. Duties include communication, both orally and in writing, with vendors and County personnel on procurement questions. Work is performed independently and subject to conformance with purchasing policies and procedures.
Review scopes of work, technical specifications, and special conditions received from departments and divisions for use in bid and quote documents. Prepare Invitations for Bid and piggyback documents for - commodities, minor services, and demolition quote purchases. Analyze bid responses to determine lowest responsive bidder. Prepare award recommendations to supervisor,
Conducts pre-bid conferences when necessary and acts as liaison to vendors, department, and divisions regarding purchasing policies and procedures.
Reviews and approves small purchases, commodity bids and piggybacks for all divisions countywide. Oversees the small purchase reporting process to ensure thresholds are adhered to. Monitors the county's contract management software to ensure employee licenses and contact information is kept up to date. Enters bid/contract information into Novatus. Serves as P-card administrator.
Conducts training of County staff as needed.
Performs related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to become skillful in the use of personal computer system and software utilized.
- Ability to collect facts, data and statistical information in order to prepare, analyze, make recommendations that result in complete and accurate reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with employees, officials and the public.
- Ability to learn governmental purchasing methods and procedures as well as the laws, rules and regulations pertaining to the purchase of commodities and services.
- Ability to use good judgment in formulating recommendations and preparation of data reports and formulate independent analysis.
- Ability to work independently and as a team, as necessary.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures and their importance in organizations.
- Skillful writing capabilities in order to formulate written reports, memoranda, recommendations and other related report writing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Graduate of an accredited four (4) year college or university with major course work in Public or Business Administration or a related field.
- A minimum of two (2) years' experience in purchasing operations.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be able to secure a valid Florida driver's license at the time of employment.
A comparable amount of related training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
This position may be required to report for work when a declaration of emergency has been declared in Polk County.