Customer Care Associate
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryGreat things on the Horizon! New Hire Bonus at 3 months - Milestone Bonus at 9 months - Join the Travelers Team today!
Do you have a strong desire to help others with life's unpredictable moments? Do you provide a superior customer experience by building an authentic emotional connection with customers and maintaining a high level of professionalism and productivity?
As the first point of contact for customers, agents, and claimants, the Customer Care Associate provides needed assurance and crisis management while setting the tone for Travelers' Claim experience. By handling a high volume of incoming calls, you will accurately and efficiently capture first notice of loss information and respond to customer inquiries. As you expand your communication, technical, and business knowledge you will have the opportunity to grow your career at Travelers.
By joining the Travelers team as a Customer Care Associate, you can look forward to a New Hire bonus of $1,000 after 3 months in your position. Additionally, to recognize your training and growth in the role, you will be awarded a milestone bonus of $1,500 after 9 months in your position. That's an additional $2,500!
* This position is scheduled to start on March 14, 2022.
* During the first 9 weeks of training, your schedule will be either 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. EST or 10:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. EST, Monday-Friday.
* Following training, you will assume your assigned work schedule. We are offering 1st and 2nd shifts. The first shift options range from 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. EST through 11:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. EST. We are also offering 2nd shift which is 1:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m. EST. All shifts will include 1 weekend day (Shift to be confirmed at time of offer).
* This position will be based in our Orlando, FL office. We are currently working remote due to COVID protocol. Once the pandemic restrictions are lifted, this position will return to the office.
* This position offers a starting base salary of $41,000.
* Eligible for Full Benefits on Day One of employment.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. Employees who are part of a training or development program may require up to a six-month waiting period before they are eligible for the hybrid model. During the initial six-month training program, employees may be required to work up to five days in the office.
As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Build and maintain customer satisfaction and trust by graciously listening to denote customer concerns and effectively applying learned product and systems knowledge.
- Adapt and modify communication style to provide a positive, consistent, empathetic, and thorough customer experience.
- Assess a variety of customer situations to ensure appropriate and comprehensive documentation of information following the guidelines of multiple workflows under the corresponding line of business.
- Navigate numerous technological systems and platforms simultaneously to accurately access and input information while interacting with the customer.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Six months of customer service experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Strong ability to maintain composure and flexibility while displaying passion, integrity, commitment, and drive to deliver a positive, differentiated service that improves our customers' lives.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to actively listen, empathize, build trust, establish rapport, and effectively de-escalate customer issues.
- Self-starter with the ability and drive to continuously learn new skills and flexibly adapt to new information and technology platforms.
- Strong multitasking skills including the ability to apply typing skills and system navigation to proactively address customers' needs and concerns.
- Ability to work well in a structured work setting and adhere to a daily schedule including commitment to excellent attendance with proven reliability.
What's In It For You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus 9 paid company Holidays. You also have the opportunity to purchase up to 6 additional days each year.
- Savings & Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k). You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.