Manager, IT – Software Development
JOB SUMMARY: The Manager, Information Technology – Software Development will be responsible for providing leadership and direction to support, upgrade and develop enhancements for multiple applications (both internal and vendor-provided) for a multi-billion dollar company. Works closely and collaborates with global enterprise business stakeholders/leaders providing 7X24/365 availability of the Universal Parks and Resorts Systems.
Responsible for managing a team of developers who are responsible for development, testing, implementation and support of global applications. Maintains ultimate responsibility for methodologies, processes, procedures and ensures all products are defect free and compliant with technical specifications and governance policies.
- Providing leadership and creative technical solutions for all aspects of support activities and projects, influences decisions of a tactical strategic nature with the ability to be a creative thought partner with business stakeholders, service providers, and related technology teams. Communicates issues, objectives, initiatives and performance to plan.
- Works with Project Managers to develop project schedules and resource allocation models for QA related projects and other activities such as software deployment, customer integration, and professional services validation. Translates business goals into innovative, technical solutions and maintains alliances with new and existing internal and external service providers.
- Ensures production solutions maintain technical currency and integrity, consistently meets defined service level commitments associated with guest systems. Establish and maintain policy for documentation of all guest applications and manages projects and tasks to SDLC processes and governance policies
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Managing and coordinating local programmer/analysts, resources and processes required to support, deliver new software, or upgrade existing products
- Reporting project and status updates to senior management
- Performing annual performance reviews
- Providing budgetary estimates
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or information management preferred or 3-5 years equivalent work experience or, equivalent years of experience in the technology field.
- Prior leadership experience managing teams of 3 or more resources
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical senior leaders, stakeholders, and members of interdisciplinary teams.
- Hands-on experience developing unit test cases and plans.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Overtime hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Experience leading technical teams as a manager or technical lead
- Previous application development experience (supervisory or as a development lead)
- Ability to quickly build relationships with other leaders (both in and outside of division)
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify process gaps
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities
- Interface with customers, colleagues, management, and project stakeholders, as needed, to ensure overall success
- Proven experience working in cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with common IT platforms and technologies
- Solid technical understanding of Networking and Hosting technologies and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot problems and document solutions
- Proven experience to work as part of a team and to deliver one or several projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter and able to work independently, while also able to share responsibilities, ideas and other information.
- Security domain experience; i.e. system hardening, intrusion detection, log management, vulnerability management, etc.
- Proven ability to manage and work with vendors, channel partners, and 3rd party resources
- Application Development or Technical Lead
- Project Management
- Service Level Agreement Development , Execution, and Reporting
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE