Sr Human Resources Generalist
We’re Insurance Office of America, one of the nation’s largest privately held agencies. IOA was founded in 1988 with the idea that professional client service provided by knowledgeable, caring, and passionate people makes for a winning combination. Whether working at our home office in suburban Orlando, Florida, one of our branch offices across the US and London, or with one of our subsidiary companies, the continued growth of our nearly 1,000 employees is a testament to our belief that great things start with great people!
At IOA, we’re driven by our mission and core values. We work hard, but we have fun too. Workplace ideals like leading by serving, work/family life balance, and giving back to our community aren’t just clichés here – they’re a part of who we are. We believe in helping people grow, develop and achieve their professional goals, so when you join the IOA team you truly become a partner in our shared success.
The Senior Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) Department including: administering pay adjustments in HRIS system, leaves, enforcing company policies and practices to meet operational and organizational goals, building partnerships, proactive communication, HR consulting, training, compliance, employee relations, disciplinary processes, performance management and administration of other programs, assigned projects, reporting while maintain individual productivity, quality and service levels.
Service, Support and Training
- Develops positive, productive partnership with all operations and sales leadership/management and staff personnel.
- Proactively engages and effectively communicates with leadership and management personnel, inquiring about any HR related issues and service, training, or employee needs and providing ongoing support and consultation regarding all HR activities.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training including: HR policies, processes, legal requirements, best practices and anti-harassment training.
- Participates with management in any employee disciplinary actions including:
- Ensuring company procedures regarding progressive discipline are followed
- Reviewing all documentation prior to being delivered to employees
- Providing pre-meeting consultation and recommendations
- Participating in any counseling or disciplinary action meetings with employees as requested by management
- Ensuring any identified follow up actions are completed
- Acts as employee relations manager including:
- Listening to and processing any employee concerns/issues, taking appropriate action when needed
- Participates in employee performance management activities including:
- Ensuring all annual performance reviews are conducted with scheduled timeframes
- Ensuring company procedures regarding performance review preparation and delivery are followed
- Reviewing all documentation for accuracy and thoroughness
- Participating in any performance review meetings with employees as requested by management
Administration & Data Entry
- Properly executes all HR-related administrative task including:
- Compensation adjustments and employment changes
- Employee off-boarding
- Ensures all employee files for staff are complete and current, and that all required data is entered into HRIS and other software accurately and within required timeframes.
- Develops and maintains mastery of HRIS, inputs any required data accurately, completely and in a timely manner, and is able to instruct others on proper use as needed.
- Understands and follows all assigned work and data flow processes, and works effectively with personnel from other departments (i.e. Payroll) to ensure timely and accurate completion of mission critical activities.
- Prepares and distributes any assigned reports, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and that all time deadlines are met.
- Completes any assigned HR-related corporate task and projects accurately, completely and within required timeframes, including:
- Leave Management
- Worker’s Compensation
- Unemployment & COBRA
- All assigned special projects are completed.
- Continually seeks to improve individual and team performance, including identifying, communicating and adopting best
- Performs other duties as
- General office support/administration when requested or assigned
- Back-up for teammates as needed, covering for others in their absence and ensuring overall team service excellence
- Participates in training, mentoring, and ongoing professional development of administrative and customer service teams and/or new hire
- Ensures professional skills are continuously improved by actively participating in internal/external development opportunities
- Lifting and carrying large equipment/boxes over 25 lbs.
- Bending and stooping to utilize necessary office equipment
- Participating in team building and other activities
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated HR functional knowledge and skills
- 3+ years Human Resources experience, with generalist experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize task and to delegate them when appropriate
- PC proficiency
The physical demands described her are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed in a temperature controlled office environment or travel via vehicle
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, sit and stand in various intervals throughout the day.
- The employee will occasionally lift and or carry up to 25 lbs.
- Employee may use computer, phone, copier and other office equipment in the course of a day.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to use hands to handle, touch and use tools, reach with hands and arms, bend, stoop, twist, lift, reach, push, pull, grasp, balance, talk, hear, and ambulate during the course of employment.
- Specific vision ability required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and an ability to adjust focus.
- Employee may be required to travel for business purposes.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. This may include, warm, hot or cold temperatures. The noise level in the work environment should be moderate most of the time.
Employee will be required to work the agreed upon hours presented in the offer letter. Schedule may vary based on business demands and may require a combination of office hours as well as work performed after hours and/or weekends.