Job no: 493305
Work type: Staff (Full-Time)
Location: Winter Park, FL
Categories: Scheduling & Event Services
Division: Communication & External Relations
Rollins is the best college in Florida, but don't just take our word for it. See what the experts are saying. Explore all of the ways Rollins is top ranked—from our academic excellence and expert faculty to our unparalleled campus and one-of-a-kind study abroad opportunities.
For the 13th consecutive year, Rollins College has been named a “Great College to Work For”. Be a part of the Rollins experience and find a place where you belong. Ready to join us?
Our Service Excellence Philosophy:
At Rollins, we strive to be responsive, respectful, collaborative, competent, and inclusive in all that we do. Whether serving prospective or current students, alumni, local residents, or our fellow faculty and staff colleagues, these standards define the Rollins service experience.
Benefits & Perks:
• 15 Days - Paid Time Off (vacation, sick and personal time)
• 11 Days - Paid Holidays
• 5 Days - Paid College Closure Days
• Eligible for Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurances (within 30 days of hire)
• 100% Employer-Funded Health Reimbursement Account ($125+/month)
• 100% Employer-Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
• Domestic Partner Benefits
• 11.5% Employer Retirement Contributions
• Discounted On-Campus Dining Meal Plans
• FREE On-Campus Parking
• FREE Access to Campus Amenities (gyms, pools, library, sporting events and more)
• FREE Full Tuition for Employees and their Families
• Pet Insurance
• 100% Employer-Funded Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Award-Winning Wellbeing Programs: Blue Rewards, Rally Dollars, Hinge Health Musculoskeletal Coaching
• Plus More!
• Local & National Discount Programs, including Winter Park Locations (i.e. shops, restaurants, gift cards and more)
• FREE E-Training Courses & Professional Development Opportunities
• IT Software & Laptop Discounts (Apple, Lenovo, and more)
• College Bookstore Discounts
• Annual Service Awards & Recognition Programs
• Discover what it's like to live in Orlando: Live, Work, Play and Learn
• Plus More!
Rollins offers a competitive hourly rate.
The Event Coordinator oversees administrative functions of the department including daily scheduling, student event approvals, and general event inquiries via EMS dashboard, phone, and email, and daily and weekly reporting to service providers. This position supports larger, campus-wide events as well as on-site support, sale, and business development for 1885 Events.
• College event scheduling and oversight including large student-driven events such as FSL recruitments, Greek Week, Lip Sync, Fox Fest, Wellness Fair, and Fox Day.
• Student event scheduling and policy oversight.
• General event inquiries via EMS dashboard, phone, and email.
• Daily and weekly setup reports sent to service providers.
• Scheduling assistance for specific Rollins departments, including:
• Rollins Museum of Art events (including rentals)
• Bach Festival Choir scheduling
• Event calendar oversight and trainings in coordination with Communications and External Relations office.
• Banner policy oversight and coordination.
• Scheduling and Event Services website maintenance.
• Maintaining and ordering office supplies.
• 1885 Events on-site support back-up – primarily evenings and weekends including Chapel Supervision.
• 1885 Events sales and business development support.
• Vendor table rentals.
• Filming and Commercial Photography contracting and staffing.
• Summer Conferences Assistant Manager – Assist with hiring of summer event staff and paperwork, coordination of conference groups during the summer.
• Assist Director with staffing and support for large scale Rollins and Presidential events, as needed, including Convocation and Commencements (3).
Minimum Qualifications & Education:
• One year of experience in the events industry.
• Strong skills in customer service and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Required computer skills: use of word processing, spreadsheets, and database systems.
• Working knowledge of a variety of office machines and computer software including web design, publisher, photoshop, and data/software integration. Knowledge of Event Management System (EMS) a plus.
• Ability to interact effectively with faculty, staff, students, and the public is strongly desired.
• Ability to use tact and good judgment in resolving work problems and dealing with the public, students, and staff.
• Ability to represent the college through events and summer programs.
• Organizational and time management skills.
• Maintain, update, and analyze files and records with a high degree of accuracy.
• Demonstrate ability to embrace and model Rollins’ Service Philosophy and Standards and provide competent, collaborative, responsive, and respectful service to others.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
• Knowledge of a college or university environment, departments, procedures, and policies.
The Event Coordinator is a full-time, 12-month appointment, scheduled to work 7.5 hours/day, 37.5 hours per week. The schedule for this role is Monday-Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm*.
*Flexible schedules or overtime may be required to meet the demands of the event calendars.
• Greater Orlando campus-based position, in an office/field environment, with ability to flex and work from home (as work permits).
• Work requires visual strain, as well as occasional strenuous activity involving moderate lifting, bending, standing and walking for extended periods.
Additional Position Details:
This position is currently funded for two years (approximately June 2024).The continuation of this position beyond two years is contingent on available funding.
Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please submit an application and upload the following materials:
• Cover Letter
Screening of applications will begin immediately.
About Scheduling and Events Services:
Scheduling and Event Services is responsible for coordinating all resources needed for events on the Rollins College campus. Rollins College facilities and grounds are primarily designed and reserved for supporting the educational mission of the institution. Secondarily, Rollins College space is used to facilitate related activities of significant interest to the College.
The facilities and grounds also may be made available to other users for approved purposes if space and staff support is available. Faculty, staff, and students requesting space for events please use the link to Virtual EMS in the blue box to the right. All others, please click the "external clients tab" for further information.
About Rollins College:
Rollins is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive campus community, and the College celebrates the open exchange of ideas within a climate of civility and mutual respect. We view differences—from race and ethnicity to sexual orientation and political perspectives—as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Service Months: 12
Advertised: 02 May 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 15 Jun 2022 Eastern Daylight Time