We are currently hiring Forklift Operator for our Orlando Plant.
CHEP is a global leader in managing approximately 300 million pallets, crates and containers safely and efficiently. We operate in more than 50 countries worldwide.
We are committed to providing our employees with a positive and challenging working environment, continued professional development, work-life balance and offer the following benefits:
- Awesome Medical, Dental & Vision Available after 60 Days
- Company paid Life & Accidental D&D insurance after 60 Days
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral & Recognition Programs
- All required PPE provided by company
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Operates forklift to move pallets through the different departments in the plant.
· Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus.
· Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets and transports load to designated area.
· Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device.
· The forklift operator is responsible for supplying and retrieving pallets or materials form different departments throughout the plant as needed.
· The operator is responsible for making decisions regarding the movement of pallets or materials to maximize the efficiency of the plant.
· May lubricate and replace liquefied-gas tank.
· Work requires operator to sit for long periods of time.
· Forklifts must be operated with extreme care, adhering to company safety procedures at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
· 2+ years previous experience working in an industrial, fast moving setting with industrial machinery
· Previous Forklift operation experience
· Must be able to pass a 9-panel drug test
· PREFERRED SKILLS
· Certified forklift operator
· OTHER DUTIES
· Please note other duties can be assigned based on the needs of the business.
All newly hired individuals are promptly screened through the E-Verify electronic employment authorization program run by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service. EOE. D/M/F/V. MUST be 18 years of age