If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
If you're looking for the chance to learn, grow, and contribute to the community, look at employment opportunities with Full Sail University. You'll find your choice of career opportunities, great benefits, an environment that welcomes and values creativity, and a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding!
The Game Design degree program at Full Sail University is designed to give the students the design skills and theory needed to excel in the world of game development. It guides students through the entire game development cycle, from preproduction to finished product by covering advanced topics that are commonly used the game industry. Lab Specialists will work in a variety of courses across these disciplines to help students learn and achieve their goals. Lab Specialists may be required to teach both on-campus and online. All positions are full time in Winter Park, FL.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an environment of learning through effective teaching skills, maintain student-centered focus, and update curriculum to keep current and relevant to industry standards.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and encourage active learning.
- Facilitate labs for campus courses and hold scheduled virtual meetings for online courses.
- Interact positively with diverse student populations; provide all students with equal opportunities for learning.
- Provide timely, regular responses and constructive feedback to students to support the learning process.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the industry, maintain knowledge and skill relevancy through continuing education as defined in the faculty development plan.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Full Sail University
- Maintains strict confidentiality of student and company information
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading and editing for grammar and punctuation
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task while working independently or collaboratively with other teachers and university staff
- Ability to interact with students and staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment
Education and/or Experience:
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of four (4) years related and verifiable work experience or hold a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Game Design or related discipline from an accredited college or university required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, Excel, Keynote/PowerPoint and Outlook
- Proficiency with professional game engines such as the latest versions of Unity or Unreal or other comparable toolsets
- Proficiency with C#, C++ or other programming or scripting language
- Experience with version control software.
- Experience with flowchart or spreadsheet software in order to visualize and manipulate systems or data
- Experience in designing, prototyping, and building interactive experiences
Environmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office and classroom environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the ability to maintain active student and employee communication; access, input and retrieve information from the computer system. May be subject to; bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
Full Sail is an Equal Opportunity Employer.