Data Engineer, Business Analytics
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for building automated data processes for combining internal and external data sources and prepping data for use in Revenue Management modeling as well as key performance indicator (KPI) forecasting initiatives. The data engineer will develop code, prep data (structured and unstructured) and setup business rules for analysis and modeling that meets standardization requirements and focuses on efficiency, scalability and reproducibility. The data engineer will also be responsible to collaborate with vendors, IT and data tools for data ingestion, processing and taxonomy standardization.
- Build ETLs, data pipelines, API's and automate data preparation jobs for analysis and modeling projects
- Develop and Improve System and Module Script Efficiency and Functionality while partnering with internal and external partners for requirements and ideation
- Develop data prep guidelines and standards and serve as a subject matter expert in data engineering
- Define and produce deliverables that identify opportunities to shape robust data processes and analytical measurement capabilities that inform and inspire internal stakeholders and decision makers
- Engage with internal partners to gather requirements and collaborate with technology engineers, architects and data scientists to design a robust analytical data solution
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: This role is responsible for the design, development and management of Data Engineering practices that incorporate transactional data, park operational variables, external factors, and forward looking indicators, supporting the RM Data, Model and UI layers of the system in partnership with internal and external stakeholders, to enhance and automate processes for Revenue Management and Forecasting initiatives.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Data Science (or in a quantitative discipline or related field) required. Master's degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Data Science (or in a quantitative discipline or related field) preferred.
- 3+ years in Data Engineering or comparable role
- Experience in PL/SQL, Database design and knowledge of Postgres extensions.
- Strong experience in creating ETL tools, optimizing queries and advanced SQL scripting in Postgres and SQL Server.
- Experience in automating jobs, ability to leverage command line utilities and able to build APIs on premise and cloud environments.
- Working knowledge of Linux operating system and Docker (?)
- Experience defining, documenting and developing best practices, processes and standards related to data engineering for advanced analytics purpose.
- Preferred: Understanding of machine learning algorithms and ability to work with data scientists in deployment and maintenance of production level models.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE