Human Resource Manager
The Human Resource Manager will perform the routine functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support Florida Paints’ compliance and strategy needs.
- Manages and/or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Provides support and guidance to HR assistants, generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Partners with the HR Director and Florida Paints leadership team to understand and execute Florida Paints’ human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Oversees the onboarding process for each new team member.
- Oversees the offboarding process for each exiting employee. Works with the HR Generalist to conduct exit interviews.
- Oversees the biweekly payroll processing.
- Oversees team member disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations. This may include guiding managers through the administration of the disciplinary process or direct involvement in the disciplinary process.
- Investigates, mitigates and resolves team member conflicts.
- Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice and resources to upper management.
- Oversees Florida Paints’ safety program and works with other department heads to ensure Florida Paints remains in compliance.
- Conducts and/or coordinates required safety trainings, maintains team member completion record and tracks ongoing training and/or certification requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.