Painter / Pressure Washer
TITLE: Painter / Pressure Washer
REPORTS TO: Facility Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
The Painter / Pressure Washer is responsible for the assistance to the general upkeep of the building, both exterior and interior, with a primary focus on pressure washing and painting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures etc.
- Prepare walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint etc.
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material (e.g. plaster)
- Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture
- Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools
- Apply varnish and other finishes
- Take and adhere to all health and safety and food safety precautions
- Use pressure washer to clean surfaces and prep for paint
- Determine if a surface needs to be repaired or replaced, giving condition update to manager
- May perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. Technical School Training preferred.
Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to make timely and sound decisions. Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines. Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at several organizational levels. Conscientious with great attention to detail
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages and increments of time. Ability to apply concepts of basic math.
Proven experience in painting including excellent knowledge of painting material and how to select, mix and apply them. Proven knowledge of commercial and/or construction painting techniques including an aptitude for using appropriate tools (brushes, caulking guns etc.).