Operations Technician - Plumber ($1000 Sign On Incentive)
$1000 Sign On Incentive
The Orange County, Florida, Facilities Management Division is looking for qualified candidates to provide outstanding customer service through teamwork, innovation and the development of positive relationships with our customers and teammates. We’re seeking knowledgeable problem solvers with excellent communication skills to help us with our mission to provide safe, sustainable, and well-maintained facilities and services through high standards of integrity, professionalism, and ethics. In return, we offer stable positions with excellent benefits, including membership in the State of Florida Retirement System.
We are committed to providing a work culture that emphasizes mutual respect, trust, career development, and a collaborative work environment that recognizes individual achievements.
- Performs the installation, maintenance, and repair of pipes, fixtures, and other related plumbing equipment used for water distribution and waste water disposal in commercial buildings.
- Using a variety of tools, test and calibration equipment applies accepted maintenance, service, and repair procedures to maintain or return item to proper operation conditions.
- Checks and maintains assigned facility, equipment or system for preventive maintenance and critical operation factors.
- Consults with trade specific employees and/or supervisor on special maintenance and repair problems.
- Performs service and repairs on a wide variety of equipment.
- Multi-trade assignments and responsibilities based on daily operational needs.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent and five (5) years of skill-trade experience performing highly skilled journeyman level work, maintaining, installing, altering, and repairing plumbing components relating to potable water, waste water, and septic systems; or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver’s License by date of hire.
- Will be required to perform mandatory Emergency Standby Duty.
- Applicants with knowledge of building maintenance in a multi-trade environment on facilities, buildings and building systems.
- Selected candidate must be willing to be sent on maintenance calls and assist other skilled trades’ personnel when needed.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Company issued truck with tools
- Uniforms and Safety Shoes
- Additional .50 per hour for working at the Corrections Complex
- Additional .30 per hour for working on second shift
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance offered
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account options
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- FRS (Florida Retirement System)
- 457 Retirement Savings
- Paid Time Off
All candidates selected for hire in the Administrative Services Department must successfully complete a Criminal History and Background check.
Hours will vary according to operational needs to include 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift. Assigned work hours may be 7:00am to 3:30pm. Standby duty assignment for after hours and weekends is a requirement of this position. The initial Maintenance District assignment will be the 33rd Street District. However, this position is subject to assignment at any Facilities Management location, due to project, task or operational requirements.