Senior Trial Attorney - Tampa, FL (Remote/Home Based)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Description
Represent clients who are customers of Allstate Insurance Company, Encompass, and Esurance (the Company) in the defense of bodily injury liability and property damage liability lawsuits. Represent the Company in the defense of certain uninsured/underinsured motorist claims. The Trial Attorney will conduct examinations under oath of claimants asserting claims against the Company under their insurance policies and, acquire broad knowledge of the Company, your business areas processes and procedures as well as best practices. The Trial Attorney will be primarily responsible for managing your assigned cases by acquiring, compiling and integrating case-related information and legal research, developing and implementing litigation strategies in cooperation with your clients and claims personnel, developing and implementing litigation tactics to obtain prompt resolution of claims, and achieving team objectives.Job Qualifications
- Juris Doctorate and member in good standing of state of practicing
- Up to 10 plus years of litigation and or subrogation experience, including 1st OR 2nd chair jury trial experience
- Insurance defense strongly preferred
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, LexisNexis (preferred), and the internet
- Ability to work well with others on a team of attorneys, paralegals, administrative assistants, supervised by Lead Counsel
- Must be able to handle a heavy caseload
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are key to working with a variety of internal and external contacts as well as for preparing reports, pleadings, and correspondence, collaborating with others, etc. You will work independently as well as part of a cohesive team.
- Periodically lifting in excess of 20 pounds throughout the day, depending on court matters being handled. Attorneys are required to cover court matters for each other; attorneys have laptops;
- Bending to pick up the computer bag which sometimes is more than 20 pounds, entering and exiting a vehicle, maneuvering files and computer at security checkpoints,
- Turning and twisting at work;
- Driving at least 40-50 miles daily depending on the activities being covered, court, doctors depositions, discovery depositions, and case evaluations, etc.
- Sitting for pro-longed periods of time en route to court, in court or at court proceedings, depositions, etc. ;
- Walking and rolling brief case with files from vehicle to the legal proceeding and/or deposition, and facilitations, etc.;
- Trial preparation could require lifting in excess 20 lbs. because of exhibits, materials, records from plaintiff, etc. These materials are printed for some proceedings.
Compensation offered for this role is$109,100 - 125,000and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.