Coordinator, Entertainment Events
JOB SUMMARY: Provide assistance and support for the Entertainment Event Stage Managers for special events including but not limited to Corporate, Internal, Youth, and Production. Support for events consists of preparation of event documentation, event execution, and coordinating event staff and talent for the Entertainment Events Department. Position includes day-to-day administrative and operational tasks. Applicant will have knowledge of the entertainment venues, technical entertainment, and interaction with both in-park and contracted talent. Candidates should also possess, the ability to address concerns and properly disseminate information to the appropriate internal managers, partners, venues and team member(s) on all events.
Administrative/ Event Preparation
- Assist management in event documentation, including but not limited to staff requests, legal requests, revisions, confirmations and creation of entertainment itineraries, per processing guidelines and Entertainment Production SOPs. Ensure precise information is being obtained and all work is being checked for accuracy.
- Coordinate communication of pertinent event information with other departments, including but not limited to Marketing and Sales, Community Relations, Publicity, Park Management, Technical Entertainment, vendors, and outside companies
- Coordinate travel logistics for on and off-property events, including ensuring vehicles are appropriately reserved and ready for travel, gassed up and cleaned.
- Flash Event Reports, ERP and Document overtime in Kronos Timekeeping.
- Acts as the main contact for Entertainment venues & performers during events including but not limited to signing in/out cast and crew, monitoring and reporting entertainment elements & closing out event.
- Monitor event logistics in order to ensure that all entertainment elements are in compliance with the rules and regulations set forth by either performer's SOPs, IP Standards, or vendor's contracts and are set as requested.
- Demonstrate proficiency with unsupervised small events (such as local or regional off-property character appearances) including on-site trouble shooting and problem solving.
Guest Service and Partner Relations
- Coordinate event logistics & information with other departments, including but not limited to Entertainment Operations, Event Management, Talent Booking, Show Direction, Production, Costuming & Fabrication, Publicity & Catering, etc.
- Create and maintain a strong working relationship with talent, technicians, and vendors/contracted acts in order to drive positive results on all events.
- Relay information to management to resolve and/or communicate event issues as they arise.
- Keep in close communication with internal/external clients during events, including providing status updates as appropriate.
- Ability to effectively reason and professionally communicate in a fast paced environment.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED required. Associate's degree (AA) is preferred. Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university in related field preferred.
EXPERIENCE: One to three years' experience within the professional Entertainment or theme park industry required; One to three years' experience in hospitality and/or event planning preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE