Supervisor, Destination Universal
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the direct supervision of Destination Universal Vacation Planners, Concierge, and Coordinators to maximize sales. Lead the Universal Vacation Planning Centers (On Site and at Universal Partner Hotel's) to maximize marketing exposure and hotel management relationships.
- Develops Destination Universal Vacation Planner sales skill through observing and coaching behaviors. Assists team by answering questions, providing necessary information and resolves issues. Visits staff at work locations or by speaking to them on the phone to assist with ticketing needs, technical/procedural support, maintenance and repairs.
- Monitors the workflow of Destination Universal operations to ensure a smooth operation. This includes management of location call in's, Manager on Duty shifts (remote), and resolving guest concerns.
- Communicates with hotel management and vendors, fosters relationships which helps create and maximize revenue opportunities. Meets with management to discuss revenue opportunities and resolve any issues.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or GED is required.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred in Sales, Marketing or Business Administration.
EXPERIENCE: 2+ years in Sales, Operations or Guest Service field with 1-3 years experience providing direction ; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel required.
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Telephone and email etiquette are required.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Must be able/flexible to work mornings, evenings, week days, weekends and Holidays
- Ability to work in a deadline oriented environment.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Ability to work with numerous internal and external partners.
- Strong skills leading and developing teams.
- Demonstrated Guest Service excellence.
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE